AT&T expands iPhone distribution; AmTech on Dell; West 14th

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    rot'napplerot'napple Posts: 1,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kishan View Post

I see plenty of people outside with iPhones in these places...

For my sake, I hope that the operating temps are a bit conservative...

Brrrr! Baby it's cold outside! Let's hope you are correct about operating temps, be they guidelines or rules, so our friends in Alaska, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis etc. will experience full iPhone functionality at all times.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Brrrr! Baby it's cold outside! Let's hope you are correct about operating temps, be they guidelines or rules, so our friends in Alaska, Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis etc. will experience full iPhone functionality at all times.

In part, it's probably conservative, but I think it's partly because the inside of the phone itself probably doesn't get to those temperatures, it's usually in some form of protection, in a pocket and so on. It's different than setting it outside for an hour and expecting it to function right away.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

From Apple's website - iPhone - Tech Specs:

Environmental requirements

Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)

Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)

Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing

Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000 m)

Doesn't Alaska occasionally get below 32F/0C (not to mention it's mountains)? It would be interesting to see, what, if any cold weather complaints crop up from the "Land of the Midnight Sun" and "The Last Frontier".

Many of us have had them since the June introduction so they really aren't "new" to Alaska.

So far, mine has held up very well through a cross-country move then back. Not to mention backpacking, hiking, mountain biking and... XC skiing. The iPhone rocks, just don't use it in Canada or Rodgers cell network charges you 30-cents for each time it checks email or sends data - ouch!.

I'd say if your phone's core temp drops below the real problem is that the battery is frozen and you shouldn't have left it in the car overnight. Keep it in contact with body heat or in a place that is climate controlled....the same as any other cell phone.
  • Reply 24 of 24
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iCarbon View Post

Ok, I know this is totally off topic, but the article on the AI homepage titled "MacMall offers huge savings on iMacs, MacBooks and MacBook Pros" is kinda weirding me out....

first of all, when did AI become an advertise-first news outlet (seems like a risk to journalistic integrity), but really, considering apple's reluctance to allow anyone to have sales, it is somewhat justifiable as news.

The bigger thing is that there is no discussion forum attached -- when I try to log onto the "discuss" button, I am denied permission.

The "discuss" link is gone now. It's a newsvertisement or advertorial or something like that. It's probably for the people that block AppleInsider's pop-ups and other ads. It looks like all the links are referral links too, through some service I've not heard of before.