Think Secret to cease publication

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    Quote:

I think it is funny how everyone thinks that Nick, AI, and other sites are not great journalists while we have total idiots on local news, cable tv, and the like reporting on news every day that is not correct or done without the drive for more drama to sell ads.

Let's all check what we call a good or bad journalist before we start pegging some to be not a good journalist. Nick seem to me to be a good journalist and the people at Harvard must agree he has some skill to bring to the table in journalism. But that is by my definition and comparing him to the true bad journalist in the world.

Besides, without the "rumor" sites, all Apple users loose.

Yes, I would take the money like Nick and run because those chances don't come around all the time. I also have not seen anywhere that confirms that he received any kind of payment.

I agree. Before the lawsuit Nick did a heck of a job. He will do fine in what ever endeavor he chooses. I suspect that regardless of his GREAT chances of winning the lawsuit, he still could not afford to fight off the harassment from Apple. It's pretty lowly thing for Apple to do. But then again it is all of us Apple customers who provide them the money to do these dastardly deeds.

Quote:

Is the forum down over there too or moved to a different url? The applenova forums don't work. But I only went there about once a month to see what was up but it has been a long time since I was there.

I believe as part of the settlement the comments and forums were discontinued.
  • Reply 22 of 24
    hirohiro Posts: 2,663member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cygnusrk727 View Post

I agree. Before the lawsuit Nick did a heck of a job. He will do fine in what ever endeavor he chooses. I suspect that regardless of his GREAT chances of winning the lawsuit, he still could not afford to fight off the harassment from Apple. It's pretty lowly thing for Apple to do. But then again it is all of us Apple customers who provide them the money to do these dastardly deeds.

I believe as part of the settlement the comments and forums were discontinued.

I don't know what's up with AppleNova, but it wasn't part of ThinkSecret, they just cross linked in an informal relationship. TS is still up too, so the overall theory doesn't hold water.

It's probably a bad crash and the main admin, Brad, has a life. That may make getting back up a bit harder. If they were shut down I would expect a working page somewhere to say so, not just an Apache error saying it can't find anything.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    TS is still up and running, for better or for worse.

Personally, I never really liked it and I thought the writing was sub-par, especially knowing that Nick is at Harvard. There is even a major grammatical error in his filing for dismissal:

"Apple's lawsuit is a affront to the First Amendment..."

http://www.thinksecret.com/news/antislapp.html

which is an affront to the language and profession he strives to protect. However, reading the news on Yahoo News and CNN this morning, I found 20 major grammatical errors in articles written for (and proof-read by) major news corporations, so I guess Nick will fit right in.

That said, Apple was way out of line on this one and should be ashamed of themselves. The leak came from one of their employees and that person alone should have been held accountable. There is rotting going on here.