Poll: New Mac Pros at MWSF 08?

1235»

Comments

• Reply 81 of 86
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacRonin View Post

What? No QuadroFX??!?

Not yet. The Mac Pro and accessories cost too much for me to get everything at once. Hopefully in about two months, when I have it paid down a lot, Apple will start selling the Quadro FX outside of the box for up-graders. Like me.
  • Reply 82 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TripleCore View Post

I would think that if they update them, it will be someplace like NAB, or with a case redesign.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gugy View Post

Either that or at WWDC.

I do not believe Apple will update displays at MWSF. That will make insanely mad everybody that are buying MacPro workstations this week with displays.

I just wish Apple dropped at least $300 on the price of the 30" and $200 on the 23" and 20".

Maybe, maybe not. I would be curious to know if anyone who has ordered a new Mac Pro with an ACD has received it yet?

While I agree that the chances are slim, there is one, unmentionable reason for holding them back for MWSF. If that unmentionable becomes mentionable, then I could see new ACDs being announced in tandem with it.

I could also see SJ saying that anyone who has recently purchased an old version, and who wants to trade up, can for the price difference, which will probably be about $250 (I'm guessing that new 30 inch ACD will cost about the same as the new Dell which is $2000).

Of course, if I were to actually bet money on it, I would bet on NAB.
  • Reply 83 of 86
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Maybe, maybe not. I would be curious to know if anyone who has ordered a new Mac Pro with an ACD has received it yet?

While I agree that the chances are slim, there is one, unmentionable reason for holding them back for MWSF. If that unmentionable becomes mentionable, then I could see new ACDs being announced in tandem with it.

I could also see SJ saying that anyone who has recently purchased an old version, and who wants to trade up, can for the price difference, which will probably be about $250 (I'm guessing that new 30 inch ACD will cost about the same as the new Dell which is $2000).

Of course, if I were to actually bet money on it, I would bet on NAB.

Did I miss something, or didn't we just GET new MacPros this past Tuesday?
  • Reply 84 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

Did I miss something, or didn't we just GET new MacPros this past Tuesday?

Cubit we know about the Mac Pros--and several of us have ordered them already--we were discussing the possibility of new ACDs at MWSF.
  • Reply 85 of 86
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by donebylee View Post

Cubit we know about the Mac Pros--and several of us have ordered them already--we were discussing the possibility of new ACDs at MWSF.

I was only putting forth a very very weak effort at humor.
  • Reply 86 of 86
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cubit View Post

I was only putting forth a very very weak effort at humor.

Hey it's all good.