HUGE Covered banners in the Exhibit Hall

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Looks like Apple has some huge covered banners over their section of the exhibit hall. setteB.IT posted pictures from inside, and these ones show the covered banners:

There must be something big on the way, by the looks of it!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MusLtngBlue View Post

Looks like Apple has some huge covered banners over their section of the exhibit hall. setteB.IT posted pictures from inside, and these ones show the covered banners:

There must be something big on the way, by the looks of it!

Well to be fair... Steve could announce a new designer box of Kleenex and they'd hype it up just as much... Steve is nothing if not the showman!

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DaveGee View Post

Well to be fair... Steve could announce a new designer box of Kleenex and they'd hype it up just as much... Steve is nothing if not the showman!

Dave

Yeah, I suppose this is true. And I'll give you $200 if those banners are actually for an Apple kleenex box
  • Reply 3 of 24
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    Quote:

Yeah, I suppose this is true. And I'll give you $200 if those banners are actually for an Apple kleenex box

that woulda been the keynote where the cube came out... Damn I missed it!

Dave
  • Reply 4 of 24
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Has there ever been a MacWorld without enormous covered banners?
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

Has there ever been a MacWorld without enormous covered banners?

I don't recall too many with ones this large <.< Or maybe my memory just wandered off again, it does that sometimes...
  • Reply 6 of 24
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Ok, I give up. What exactly is a "Xtreme Mac"???
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

Ok, I give up. What exactly is a "Xtreme Mac"???

It's a company that makes Apple accessories...
  • Reply 8 of 24
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    There will be pictures of a big fat chick holding the Macbook Air just to show how small it is. Maybe the giant from the iphone ads.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Hmmmm...

If you think about it, Somebody had to put those up?

Maybe a Contractor or would it be a faithful apple employee, or maybe Steve Himself?!?!?
  • Reply 10 of 24
    feynmanfeynman Posts: 1,087member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turkeytaken View Post

Hmmmm...

Maybe a Contractor or would it be a faithful apple employee, or maybe Steve Himself?!?!?

Or maybe they came pre-covered
  • Reply 11 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by turkeytaken View Post

Hmmmm...

I wouldn't be surprised if they were hung by someone within Apple, in order to keep leaks low.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Feynman View Post

Or maybe they came pre-covered

Possible, but it'd be hard to keep the contractor people from seeing part of what's under there with nosey people and just needing to get at part of it to hang it... even in motion, part of it might have flapped open enough to get a glimpse at part. I'd think they'd have to be covered at the least after being attached to that trussing.

Maybe what they did is had the contractors attach the loading points to the beams in the roof of the center, drop down the chains, and attach the trussing, then Apple kicked the contractors out, attach the banner to the truss and cover it, then take the remote for the motors on the trussing outside the curtain to the contractors and have them lift it from out there.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    webmailwebmail Posts: 639member
    I love how ever year there are pictures of black banners from 50 feet, yet nobody has the balls to lift the cover and take a picture. You could do it with wifi, that way if you do get busted it's already transmitted to your friends.

Honestly though I've looked under the banners twice, and both times they had bullcrap hung, and switched them during the keynote speech.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Wait, you're saying they cover bogus banners?
  • Reply 15 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

That sounds like a very devious thing of Apple to do. Thumbs up Apple!
  • Reply 16 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post

That sounds like a very devious thing of Apple to do. Thumbs up Apple!

Indeed, get a buzz going with a fake, but cover it for that secret Apple touch, without risk of it being found out hours, or even days before the keynote. Makes sense to me
  • Reply 17 of 24
    Quote:

What the heck is on that one panel ... one third away along from the left side ... looks like a black rimmed tablet-like device with an Apple logo up top ... or my 45 year old eyes mistaken?
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Looks like a structure... some sort of big booth or something... maybe they have a video or slideshow going on in there or something. Behind that scaffolding just past half way, there's another apple logo on the side there. I think it's modeled after the black panels with the glowing apple logos form the Best Buy store-within-a-store thingies.
  • Reply 19 of 24
    OMGZZZ!!! The suspense is KILLING ME!!!!
  • Reply 20 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dfiler View Post

I don't know whether to cry or to laugh.

(What the heck I'm doing here at this place?)