MacBook Airs land early, due in stores shortly

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    cubitcubit Posts: 846member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Maybe they're servicing those that preordered before putting any on display.

That is definitely a long-shot interpretation. Perhaps just the focal point getting a little ahead of the spokes of the the distribution system.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Maybe they're servicing those that preordered before putting any on display.

Apple Japan does this; sometimes the preorders arrive two weeks before store displays, especially out in the forgotten areas.

I plan to drop in on my shop later this afternoon to see if they know when mine will arrive...
  • Reply 23 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Apple Japan does this; sometimes the preorders arrive two weeks before store displays, especially out in the forgotten areas.

I plan to drop in on my shop later this afternoon to see if they know when mine will arrive...

Yay! Mine says shipped! Its 2 day air so should arrive, I dunno, does tomorrow sound reasonable?
  • Reply 24 of 27
    I didn't order from the Apple Store (the Apple Store Japan sucks), so I have to wait for my local shop to receive its first shipment, which might be a couple more days.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    adjeiadjei Posts: 738member
    Just saw used one at the Apple store, it's amazing.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    Knox Street Apple Store in Dallas had 2 MBA's on display, but nothing for sale, yet. They did not say when they would have MBA's for sale. Both MBA's had the SSD drive, with the 1.8GHz processor. Very snappy. Very light. Very nice. =)

Cheers,

Jon
  • Reply 27 of 27
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

...Meanwhile, there is now confirmation that the first SSD-based models have also shipped....

My brother's SSD has arrived in Anchorage after being shipped from Shanghai. He reports:

"an SSD MBA ordered the afternoon of the day of the keynote has made it to the U.S. and is scheduled for Wednesday a.m. delivery."