Mac web share at 7.6 percent for January; iPhone in "almost every country"

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    ajmasajmas Posts: 601member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Is English the native language of your country?

It is one of the official languages, with the other being French. As to 'native' language it all depends on who you want to include and your definition of of native.
  • Reply 22 of 29
    quinneyquinney Posts: 2,528member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

He probably had nightmares after watching this:

http://www.atomfilms.com/film/haha_america.jsp

Ha ha ha America, you so Yankee ignorance peoples.

Watching this and learning! Then you think you so great

not so more anymore!

Thanks for the link. I hurt myself laughing.

[shakes fist at Microsoft fragrant monkey tail]
  • Reply 23 of 29
    It is not surprising there are no iPhones in Canada : the only provider in GSM is Rogers. No Rogers, no iPhone ! Anywhere in the world, including Africa, all cell phones are GSM. So, basically, the iPhone can be used anywhere easily except in North America...
  • Reply 24 of 29
    asdasdasdasd Posts: 5,686member
    Quote:

iPhone isn't even in Canada one of the world's economic leaders

There are only 17 people in Canada though. So no need to sell the iPhone there. It will happen, but sometime after Greenland I suspect.

2011, maybe.
  • Reply 25 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Pascal007 View Post

It is not surprising there are no iPhones in Canada : the only provider in GSM is Rogers. No Rogers, no iPhone ! Anywhere in the world, including Africa, all cell phones are GSM. So, basically, the iPhone can be used anywhere easily except in North America...

actually we also have Fido. which has better rates than anyone else. i'm hoping fido gets it.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

There are only 17 people in Canada though. So no need to sell the iPhone there. It will happen, but sometime after Greenland I suspect.

2011, maybe.

close to 17, but we are all mac users up here. weed smokers. left wingers and peace lovers. steve jobs would feel right at home.
  • Reply 26 of 29
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ajmas View Post

It is one of the official languages, with the other being French. As to 'native' language it all depends on who you want to include and your definition of of native.

Canada?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by quinney View Post

Thanks for the link. I hurt myself laughing.

[shakes fist at Microsoft fragrant monkey tail]

• Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peruchito View Post

actually we also have Fido. which has better rates than anyone else. i'm hoping fido gets it.

But as is often pointed out, Fido == Rogers. Rogers purchased Fido in September 2004, so either way, Rogers wins. Or Canadians lose. Probably both.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by lfmorrison View Post

But as is often pointed out, Fido == Rogers. Rogers purchased Fido in September 2004, so either way, Rogers wins. Or Canadians lose. Probably both.

The iPhone is the great creation from Apple. Too bad they won't have anything great like that coming out anytime soon.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    tofinotofino Posts: 697member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by asdasd View Post

2011, maybe.

i am one of those 17, therefore representing almost 6% of the population. i have talked to a few of the others, and from my unscientific polling i'm guessing we could turn Canada into a 94% iPhone country... (there is rumours of one windows mobile user in the Yukon territory).