Apple seeks to lure teens with new Facebook iPhone ad

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bigdaddyp View Post

Recently I was going to topgear.com

Such a brilliant show. If not for torrents I never would have discovered the show across the pond. BBC-America is too far behind to satisfy my Top Gear needs.
  • Reply 22 of 26
    I can't get Scrabbulous (an online version of Scrabble) to work on Facebook on an iPhone. So you can't do everything on there without Flash.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    If you look at the ad frame by frame you will see on one facebook page that 'Alix Hamilton just wants to get home, and not be stuck in Auckland a wee bit stinky!'

As a (albeit Australian-resident) Kiwi I am wondering is it Alix or Auckland that is a wee bit stinky?

Now a conspiracy theory would go that 'Steve Jobs is still pissed off about the iTunes NZ store being pre-announced before he got a chance to tell us, and slipped this in to the ad after all these years to get even.'

• Reply 24 of 26
    mr omr o Posts: 1,046member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

In a likely bid to draw a larger audience of teenagers towards its iPhone, Apple Inc. recently began airing a new television spot highlighting a customized version of the widely popular Facebook social networking site running on the touch-screen handset.

MySpace= 15 - 24

Facebook= 24 - 30+
  • Reply 25 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by libmanj View Post

I can't get Scrabbulous (an online version of Scrabble) to work on Facebook on an iPhone. So you can't do everything on there without Flash.

Yes, I use Scrabulous and Texas Hold 'Em on Facebook. The Traveler's IQ Challenge is brilliant, though I don't think the iPhone would be suitable for such precise pointing without a stylus.
  • Reply 26 of 26
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Such a brilliant show. If not for torrents I never would have discovered the show across the pond. BBC-America is too far behind to satisfy my Top Gear needs.

I hear ya there. I use the torrents to download new shows instead of waiting forever for BBC America to get around to airing new episodes. The other problem is that I am now hooked on Doctor Who and Torchwood as well. Not sure how but I think the BBC has embedded some sort of brainwashing in their shows that makes me crave weird British scifi.