Intel Core 2 Duo suit; 90K French iPhones; BBC iPlayer; 10.5.2 seed

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    stubeckstubeck Posts: 140member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powelligator View Post

And I quote:

"Such rapid-fire updates to developers are often a telltale sign that a public release is impending."

I wish I had a dollar for every time I've seen this statement in regards to 10.5.2.

Joe

What I was thinking. They've been talking about an imminent release for a while now.
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bobo Decosta View Post

Apple will never sell a huge amount iPhones in europe without 3G. Every phone in europe in that price range has 3G and contrary to the US 3G is everywhere. Europe is much more advanced when it comes to the mobile phone industry. The iPhone in europe needs more tricks to convince us. I hope they release the 2nd generation phone soon and stop the nonsense with the one carrier only!

There aren't any phones in that price range here. They're all free.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StuBeck View Post

There aren't any phones in that price range here. They're all free.

In your country maybe, in Belgium such a thing does not exist, locked phones don't exist here either.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by eAi View Post

They do provide podcasts of a large number of programmes. That said, I agree it'd be great if all their content was available in MP3.

I do get all British BBC broadcasts through a Dashboard widget.

"BBC Radio v 3.1, Hawkman supported by Phantom Gorilla."

It streams all BBC FM stations available in the UK.
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:

In your country maybe, in Belgium such a thing does not exist, locked phones don't exist here either.

In Hong Kong, locked phones also do not exist. But we do have subsidies, including free phones. However, this requires pre-payment and monthly credit.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:

Well thats another area where the iPhone can't compete then. Why buya locked iPhone when you can get an unlocked one for only a bit more.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by StuBeck View Post

Well thats another area where the iPhone can't compete then. Why buya locked iPhone when you can get an unlocked one for only a bit more.

In fact, that's my argument. People who have never had to buy locked phones before won't want them.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by schmidm77 View Post

Why is a publicly funded state university getting patents on faculty/student research?

Holy crap. I suppose you haven't studied Engineering at one of the finer institutions in the World?

I'll make this short: INTEL BETTER PAY UP. AMD benefits heavily.

This isn't a Patent it can beat.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    panupanu Posts: 135member
    If you are interested in having your Applications folder as a stack in list view, there is a simple way to do it without waiting for 10.5.2.

Maybe I'm the last one to discover it, but command clicking on the dock (on the dock itself, not on an icon in the dock) opens the Application folder in its default view.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MsNly View Post

So they aren't running Minileopard they are running Minitiger ?

I think you want to say Cub-LEOPARD and Cub-TIGER (just joking )
  • Reply 31 of 32
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    10.5.2 seeded to users.

:::