Linkin Park plays private shows at Apple Store Soho (video)

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
True to reports, alternative rock band Linkin Park played a private six-song set last night at Apple's Soho retail store in New York City.

The invitation-only, midnight gig was made privy to 200 radio contest winners and was recorded for a future iTunes exclusive release, according to the DailySwarm.

The set list included ?Wake,? ?Given Up,? ?Shadow of the Day,? ?My December,? ?In Pieces,? and ?Bleed It Out.?

Rumors of the band's appearance in conjunction with Apple made headlines earlier this week after AppleInsider discovered that front-man Mike Shinoda had inadvertently tipped-off some of his fans about the collaboration on his blog.

The midnight concert, however, appears to have dashed hopes for a larger Apple media event this month, which had been rumored by several blog sites. With only a handful of business days left in the month, the Cupertino-based company has yet to issue formal invitations to any such gathering, now a telltale sign that no such event will take place.

Meanwhile, Apple's self-imposed released date for the eagerly-awaited iPhone software developers kit (SDK) is rapidly approaching, as are a new line of MacBook Pro notebooks complete with Intel's latest Penryn mobile processors and multi-touch trackpads.

The company has managed a Tuesday product announcement every week since the close of January's Macworld Expo and indications are that this pattern may continue.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Interesting that Apple chose the Soho location and not the store on 5th. Imagine being able to peer through the glass to see the band playing below.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    xamaxxamax Posts: 135member
    Hey AppleInsider, open your eyes to the new thestreet.com rumor about a new "MultiTouch 2.0 bigger than iPhone available mid 2008" device!

It's even more interesting that this rumour is coming from these Apple bashers. Maybe there's a sense, after all, for them to bash AAPL every possible way - if you lower the stock as much as possible, the profit will rise proportionally given the notoriety the company and its products have and how easy its stock can go through the roof...
  • Reply 3 of 8
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    LOL, so much for the Linkin Park launch event.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Man o man,

iWas hoping for an all-out product annoucment!

mac mini with a better video card, iphone with flash... something...

All we got is a report that linkin park was rented out for a frat party in the ever fashionable so-ho, jenkies!

Thunk Different
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Guess we all wait for the 26th now . Steve won't let it go till March 1st , so sometime soon we will get the new toys. Too bad . Get your stock now . Get's more expensive soon .
  • Reply 6 of 8
    kasperkasper Posts: 941member, administrator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by XamaX View Post

Hey AppleInsider, open your eyes to the new thestreet.com rumor about a new "MultiTouch 2.0 bigger than iPhone available mid 2008" device!

It's even more interesting that this rumour is coming from these Apple bashers. Maybe there's a sense, after all, for them to bash AAPL every possible way - if you lower the stock as much as possible, the profit will rise proportionally given the notoriety the company and its products have and how easy its stock can go through the roof...

Xama,

We are the source of this report. Other publications are just rehashing it.

Additionally, we no longer condone links to the street dot com on AppleInsider, as some of their 'reporters' attempt to manipulate Apple shares for personal benefit. They have a tendency to spread false information, and regurgitate legitimate information without attribution, as they seek to make a living off shorting Apple stock.

I kindly ask that you respect our wishes here. Nothing personal.

Best,

K
  • Reply 7 of 8
    ronboronbo Posts: 669member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Xama,

We are the source of this report. Other publications are just rehashing it.

Additionally, we no longer condone links to the street dot com on AppleInsider, as some of their 'reporters' attempt to manipulate Apple shares for personal benefit. They have a tendency to spread false information, and regurgitate legitimate information without attribution, as they seek to make a living off shorting Apple stock.

I kindly ask that you respect our wishes here. Nothing personal.

Best,

K

This is actually a very interesting remark on two points:

1) I remember back in the days of MacWeek, back when it was a magazine transitioning to the internet. I was in highschool and college during that time. yes, I'm that old They were talking about the problems that were arising with instant publishing, where one rumor would bounce around the internet, making it look like several sources, and in fact it was just people repeating each other. It's nice every now and then when you see people remind us that something that looks like two independent reports sometimes isn't.

2) As far as The Street manipulating stock prices for their own gain... I wonder how often people do that? My own (uninformed) knee-jerk reflex is to think they must do that a lot. Is there any way to prove that? Doesn't the SEC weigh in heavily on such matters? If it could be shown they were doing that, it would be nice to see them get in trouble for it. Maybe the burden of proof is just too difficult though.
  • Reply 8 of 8
    The Internet has been occasionally called the "Rumornet".