Macbook Pro with full touchscreen support display

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SloppyJoe123 View Post

I disagree and agree, while I am certain that they will indeed add a tablet only slate, im sure that they will add touch technology to the normal notebooks too.

Oh I never said they wouldn't do that. They'll make them like the Air with the multi-touch pad. What I really said it that I'm pretty sure Apple won't make a convertible, it's just not their style.
  • Reply 22 of 23
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pwnage View Post

I think people just don't want to jinx it.

If apple were to release something similar to this: http://www.shopping.hp.com/product/r...N967UA%2523ABA

It would completely blow everyone out of the water.

I personally am getting that hp tablet/laptop until the new Macbooks are released with Nehalem, at Macworld next year.

Apples touch technology is so much better than what HP uses but what HP has is not that bad either, once apple releases something like this, we just have to sit back and watch as apple sells more notebooks than any other company.

Every single device like the one you linked to that I have seen has *always* been used in regular laptop mode. Every. Single. One. (I see quite a few nowadays as they're used quite a bit by management in the company I'm working at).

It's *not* the device.

It's the software.

Unless the software makes the device compelling, it just won't matter at all.

I'd look at what comes of the iPhone SDK after June. I think we may see some apps that will justify a touchscreen device. I also think that touchscreen device may not have a keyboard and that the only touch technology we'll see on the Macbooks will be a better touchpad like the one they're currently using on the Air and the Macbook Pro.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    davegeedavegee Posts: 2,765member
    I don't think (most) people are being negative because they hate the idea but instead are simply being realistic with what technologies are available at what cost and with what limitations.

Apple isn't going to come out with a iTouch laptop/pad/tablet (whatever) if the components are so insanely expensive (and battery draining) that the cost and usability make the product all but useless to market to consumers.

As with all things ... it'll come ... but not in the timeframe we'd like.

Dave