Apple game rentals; Safari anti-phishing; Blu-ray notebook drives

13»

Comments

  • Reply 41 of 52
    banchobancho Posts: 1,517member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post


    I really don't think that there are very many that cares what you think. However, I must say I am very impressed to have seen such zealousness in your recent posts as listed below. Obvious Steve is waiting for you to make up your mind, less he disappoints you.



    __________________________________________________ _____________



    Lest you have forgotten Teckstud, the following are your exact words?

    detailed list of craploads of wrongness...





    Abster2core, you're one of my personal heroes for culling all those examples...
  • Reply 42 of 52
    Safari just told me that it could not identify the identity of a website I was going to and it asked me if I want to continue. It has done this before. Isn't this anti-phishing?
  • Reply 43 of 52
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diskimage View Post


    Safari just told me that it could not identify the identity of a website I was going to and it asked me if I want to continue. It has done this before. Isn't this anti-phishing?



    What website?
  • Reply 44 of 52
    I think it was the EBSCO database website. I am not positive because I had visited several web about that same time. I am using Safari 3.1, does that have anything to do with it.
  • Reply 45 of 52
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diskimage View Post


    I think it was the EBSCO database website. I am not positive because I had visited several web about that same time. I am using Safari 3.1, does that have anything to do with it.



    I'm using 3.1, as well, and I get no warning when accessing Google's Web Forgery test page so Phishing is still not enabled.



    It may be you were sending a non-secure form to a secure website. That option is ed by default
  • Reply 46 of 52
    Sorry it was the JSTOR database website I was trying to log into. I managed to reproduce the message here it is./Users/karlseidl/Desktop/Picture 8.png
  • Reply 47 of 52
    here is the picture



    file:///Users/karlseidl/Desktop/Picture%208.png



    sorry about the picture but I can't figure out how to attach it
  • Reply 48 of 52
    How do I post a picture





    edit

    now I have it figured out







    well I guess not
  • Reply 49 of 52
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,946member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diskimage View Post


    How do I post a picture



    the IMG tag, in square brackets. In the posting window, there is an icon that looks like a mountain, mouse over and it says "insert image".







    What it looks like is that the server won't allow embedding of images, so it's moot.

    edit: I was linking to your web page, not to the actual image file, it works now.



    What the problem is that the certificate is self-signed. Firefox and Opera flagged it too. It's a problem because any site can self-sign and is open to attack by redirecting to another server that does it. You will know the server changes when the certificate changes, but you won't know if it's a valid or bogus server. I think self-signing saves about $200 a year (give or take), not counting any extra costs for getting a fixed IP to make a certificate work.
  • Reply 50 of 52
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by diskimage View Post


    How do I post a picture



    With this image:



    Plus, the image has to be hyperlinked, you can't upload one to AI. If you need to upload it, use Flickr and then hyperlink from there.
  • Reply 51 of 52
    Ok now I get it. Thanks for the help
  • Reply 52 of 52
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Abster2core View Post


    I really don't think that there are very many that cares what you think. However, I must say I am very impressed to have seen such zealousness in your recent posts as listed below. Obvious Steve is waiting for you to make up your mind, less he disappoints you.

    [/I]



    You obviously care enough to answer me.

    And dude that posting was before the format war was over- so what exactly is your point????

    And you still haven't answered why there in no need for a blu-ray disc drive in an Apple computer when there is an Apple application called iMovie HD installed on every new computer from Apple-HELLO?
Sign In or Register to comment.