Native MySpace iPhone app; iTunes royalties; FNAC chases iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aaarrrgggh View Post

Boy, what kind of rocket scientist of a musician does it take to realize that a percentage based royalty will yield higher dividends if the price is higher! Amazing!

Maybe AI should post a article about how music purchasers realize greater value buy purchasing through the US iTunes store than Euro based stores?

Exactly.

Obversely, it is also possible that the higher Euro per-tune price reflects the higher royalty expectations in the EU (including Apple's required margin).
  • Reply 22 of 25
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,404member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

PS: Did everyone hear that the Meizu booth at CeBIT in Germany was shut down and their items confiscated for copyright infringement. Perhaps they should have attended a fair in a country that doesn't sell the iPhone.

Heh, heh. Thanks, Germany. About time that someone thwacked these blatant IP rip-off artists.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Heh, heh. Thanks, Germany. About time that someone thwacked these blatant IP rip-off artists.

Looks like it wasn't about the iPhone and the reason was a bogus claim by an Italian comapny that Meizu illegally uses their codec.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    I bet the myspace app, we'll get to see the profile's music
  • Reply 25 of 25
    macfandavemacfandave Posts: 603member
    Quote:

Denis Olivennes, told the publication that FNAC was holding talks to become a new official source for the iPhone, but that it would not accept an unsuccessful attempt.

Sacre bleu! That is SO French! Jealousy, unrequited love, the love triangle -- the key elements of a great French film (they don't make movies, they make films.) We just saw La vie en rose, so I would like to see Marion Cotillard as the beautiful iPhone, and I'm not sure whether I'd cast Gerard Depardieu as Orange or FNAC, but I think there is a law in France that he has to be in all movies, sorry, films.

We need to see more Marion Cotillard films over here so we can really learn more about what really happened on 9/11 <DHSThoughtRayEngaged>, oops, I mean, tolerate her crazy conspiracy theories </DHSThoughtRayDisengaged>. What was I saying?