Apple's approach to Mac OS X

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    mac gurumac guru Posts: 367member
    [quote] So not the problem. But if a G5 is coming out, maybe I sell my dual 800 on e-bay before hand. If a G5 comes out, I lose hundreds. If a dual 1GHz comes out (like it did) I'm screwed and have to buy a shit dual 1GHz when I thought 1.4GHz G5s were gonna be available.

It's catty and I don't like it.

Who are Apple's competitors? Compaq? Get real.

They can keep their silly fru fru case designs secret, just tell me what the friggin specs are gonna be. It's called a roadmap and Apple's all over that road.

Nobody else is even stupid enough to use the G4 chip in a computer anyhow. <hr></blockquote>

No one said the G5 was coming out... People claim there were indications due to the fact Moto has a new processor out. BUT people have to remember that just because it's out doesn't mean 1) that Apple is going to adopt it immediatly... and 2) that it's even intended for the Apple Tower anyway. Moto DOES make processors for OTHER applications and many sources pointed that while the chip was in production it wasn't intended for a Gx tower any time soon.

You have some REALLY whack business practices if you go selling your hardware before an announcement. I'm sorry but I just have to laugh at you on that one. Selling your tower and basing your next purchase from a rumor probably extracted from a board or website much like this one is really dumb.

Every single business I have ever worked for doesn't budge on the hardware they have currently untill WELL after a new product is released from Apple for 2 reasons. 1) Based on the fact that Apple has a history of slow rollout of new products a person that gets rid of thier current hardware well before even securing an order for a new product at Apple will be out of business untill Apple ships thier new purchas... on average 5-7 weeks or more. 2) Most of the Rev. A versions of a new architecture have their fair share of bugs and Firmware issues. By waiting untill these have been significantly reduced, one can ensure there will be a drastically reduced tech support bill for said company.

As for competition it's the PC world... Apple has a drastic influence on the computing world... don't believe me? iMac -- MILLIONS of translucent PC's and periferrals

USB -- Intel Invention... no one used it until Apple made it a standard

Obviously you've become disenchanted due to your lack of positive experiences with a superior OS...

I've never been more happy with where Apple is at this moment... thier products work and they work GREAT for me. If they don't work for you, buy something else...

Mac Guru
  • Reply 42 of 43
    [quote]Originally posted by Mac Guru:

<strong> you've become disenchanted due to your lack of positive experiences with a superior OS

Mac Guru</strong><hr></blockquote>

What, I'm making this stuff up?
  • Reply 43 of 43
    This has gone far enough.

Remember: OS X is less an upgrade to 9 than it is to NeXT-... think about it.