Apple researching autostereoscopic 3-D display hardware

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 43
    flyfly Posts: 6member
    Hmm, a little dismayed at the liberal use of "never" by some posters here...

History has consistently proven that what was considered an impossibility at a time ended up being very common at later times.

I am not one to be able to give a time frame as to the affordable implementation of this technology in an every day mainstream display platform, but one cannot underestimate the relentlessness and genius of the human being.

I am convinced this will be the natural evolution of displays in general, but wether we will still be alive to see it is another story.

In the meantime, the only thing that can stop this technology from eventually emerging is the lack of research, so: Go Apple !!! May you'll be the 1st to bring to humanity this technology !!!

Just hoping they don't bankrupt themselves with RnD costs - stockholders might get upset !!!
  • Reply 42 of 43
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,599member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fly View Post

Hmm, a little dismayed at the liberal use of "never" by some posters here...

History has consistently proven that what was considered an impossibility at a time ended up being very common at later times.

I am not one to be able to give a time frame as to the affordable implementation of this technology in an every day mainstream display platform, but one cannot underestimate the relentlessness and genius of the human being.

I am convinced this will be the natural evolution of displays in general, but wether we will still be alive to see it is another story.

In the meantime, the only thing that can stop this technology from eventually emerging is the lack of research, so: Go Apple !!! May you'll be the 1st to bring to humanity this technology !!!

Just hoping they don't bankrupt themselves with RnD costs - stockholders might get upset !!!

You don't admit that some things are possible, and others are not?
  • Reply 43 of 43
    Nice, they just proposed a patent about a technology which looks similar to the one used since several years by a french start-up, alioscopy