Apple slips out Apple TV 2.0.1 update

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    imatimat Posts: 216member
    Ok, maybe I'll just have to live with it, but it still bugs me that I have an AppleTV since day 1 (take 1) and, after more than a year, I still have to rely upon "alternative" methods to get video content in it.

I would be more than happy to rent or purchase movies and tv shows, if I was given the opportunity to. But nothing...

All in all the device is great, seriously! But this lack of content is really getting annoying. As said, maybe I just have to consider the ATV for all that it is, without thinking what it could be if I lived somewhere else with the same device.

Hollywood and the TV broadcasters and producers, in the meantime, are losing money big time on me. It's their fault...

• Reply 22 of 23
    zagmaczagmac Posts: 72member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleJam View Post

I keep thinking that Apple will eventually allow us to play video playlists (like music video's)... You know, so that we don't have to sit there during a party, and manually enter the next song. Right now it's a pain! Guess I'll keep waiting...

Amen. Why else in the world would I have music videos? iTunes allows this; has since music videos have been available.

While I may have some Apple TV experts:

Is this normal? My AppleTV doesn't always appear in iTunes. I leave it on, as with my Mac. It is connecting via an always on Airport Extreme. My Mac goes into power save. When I return and open iTunes, Apple TV is there the first few times, but inevitably stops appearing. If I want to manage it, I then need to go re-connect and enter password. Then cycle repeats.

Seems to me it should stay connected. Any thoughts on if this is user error? Networking, wireless or wired, is not a strong point for me. But I thought I'd followed all the right steps.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iMat View Post

Ok, maybe I'll just have to live with it, but it still bugs me that I have an AppleTV since day 1 (take 1) and, after more than a year, I still have to rely upon "alternative" methods to get video content in it.

I would be more than happy to rent or purchase movies and tv shows, if I was given the opportunity to. But nothing...

All in all the device is great, seriously! But this lack of content is really getting annoying. As said, maybe I just have to consider the ATV for all that it is, without thinking what it could be if I lived somewhere else with the same device.

Hollywood and the TV broadcasters and producers, in the meantime, are losing money big time on me. It's their fault...

Seriously. No problems with the update. Unfortunately, my problem hasn't been fixed - where is the new content? I'm willing to shell out $5/per HD movie, but nothing. Big disappointment.