Analyst triggers stock surge; flash sales may tumble 66 percent

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 29
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Alright, alright everyone. Don't get too excited. Jobs runs a company, he's not the second coming, fer ****'s sake.

Book of Jobs ? Chapter 1

30 - And it came to pass that [email recipient] called upon [Jobs], saying: Tell me, I pray thee, why these things are so, and by what thou madest them?

31 - And behold, the glory of the [Steve] was upon [email recipient], so that [email recipient] stood in the presence of [Jobs], and talked with him [inter]face to [inter]face. And [Jobs] said unto [email recipient]: For mine own purpose have I made these things. Here is wisdom and it remaineth in me.

32 - And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine [Tech Company], who is full of [innovation] and [style].

• Reply 22 of 29
    bjkbjk Posts: 34member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iPeon View Post

Aaaaa, don't feel so bad. I was under the impression that NVIDIA® manufactured these cards? But hey, I must confess that this was an assumption.

Yeah, I saw that page, but it only mentions that they are nvidia GPUs, not nvidia cards. All the (non-apple) cards that I found were manufactured by other companies. Live and learn I guess \

Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

I think it has to do with screwy revenue recognition methods that Apple has chosen to pursue. 2007 is only half a year of 'revenue.' 2008 will be a full year, so the forecasted number will be f/2 = 10,598,182 units. That seems closer in line with Apple's own predictions.

Ah yes, that makes more sense. Also, the revenue from units sold in 2007 would be double in 2008. [b*2] Taking this into account

brings us to 9,903,500, which is even closer. It seems like his 'prediction' is the same thing everyone else is saying.
  • Reply 23 of 29
    phizzphizz Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kasper View Post

Steve indeed responds to emails from time to time... It's legit.

Best,

K

Great - so what's his email address?
  • Reply 24 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

Book of Jobs ? Chapter 1

30 - And it came to pass that [email recipient] called upon [Jobs], saying: Tell me, I pray thee, why these things are so, and by what thou madest them?

31 - And behold, the glory of the [Steve] was upon [email recipient], so that [email recipient] stood in the presence of [Jobs], and talked with him [inter]face to [inter]face. And [Jobs] said unto [email recipient]: For mine own purpose have I made these things. Here is wisdom and it remaineth in me.

32 - And by the word of my power, have I created them, which is mine [Tech Company], who is full of [innovation] and [style].

Har Har, a real day brightener cheers!
  • Reply 25 of 29
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,407member
    Quote:

Since when is a rush $2.61?

It was an intra-day rush of nearly $6.50 (approx. $153 at close of previous day, and $159.50 around noon).
  • Reply 26 of 29
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jmadlena View Post

I'm pretty sure that NVIDIA makes the GeForce cards for the Mac Pro, not Apple.

Unlike ATI, Nvidia doesn't make cards, as far as I know. What they do is have standard designs that manufacturers can use. But they have to build their own.

Which cards do you know of that are made by Nvidia?

And, those with Mac Pro's, can take a look at the cards and see who manufactured them.
  • Reply 27 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ikir View Post

You don't get the point. The new card is not compatible with EFI 32 of old macpro. Apple will release hopefully a specific efi32 version. The new one has efi 64.

I get the point. The point is that they are supposed to be compatible, EFI or not.
  • Reply 28 of 29
    Quote:

Alright, alright everyone. Don't get too excited. Jobs runs a company, he's not the second coming, fer ****'s sake.

Well, other than the religious aspect, he is the second coming in that this is the second time he's been running the company, and possibly, he did resurrect it.
  • Reply 29 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Phizz View Post

Great - so what's his email address?

[email protected] (as of a few years ago).

Also, if you show up at the annual stockholders' meeting and stand in line, he does answer any questions addressed to him, and not usually in a terse fashion (in my experience): he is usually unusually gracious in responding to even the most inane question.