Apple shares slip, regroup following Morgan Keegan downgrade

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 66
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,600member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anantksundaram View Post

Yup. And, if you bought GE in late '90s, it would have cost of $50+ (indeed, almost $60 by early 2000); today, it sells for $36+.

You're right, GE had a peak centered around mid 2000. But when we buy stocks long term, we hold for the long term rise.

If you want to look at Apple's stock, you can find the same large, broad peaks and valleys. It just depends on how you select the timing.

Having said that, you should know my opinion (and holdings) on Apple's stock pretty well by now.
  • Reply 62 of 66
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Well, since I had simply read the article through the forum post, I fail to see how you expected me to be a mind reader. If your initial post had been clearer, we could have avoided the confusion.

We?

the end
  • Reply 63 of 66
    anantksundaramanantksundaram Posts: 20,408member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

That's right, kids! As one of my favorite quotes goes, "nobody knows anything" (so sez William Goldman in "Adventures in the Screen Trade").

That's too harsh. Economists can be quite good at conditional forecasting: i.e., "if....then...." type of thing.

But it is true that nothing in known economic theory enables one to say "what" and "when" at the same time.
  • Reply 64 of 66
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

We?

the end

Yes. Referencing items that are outside the thread without explanation is unclear writing.
  • Reply 65 of 66
    chris_cachris_ca Posts: 2,543member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Flounder View Post

Yes. Referencing items that are outside the thread without explanation is unclear writing.

How is referencing the article this thread is about, unclear?

Get over it and learn how to read. You really seem to be "floundering" on this one.

I wrote, "The article was published: 11:25 AM EST, not EDT."

If you are not gonna read the article, perhaps you shouldn't comment on it, then there will be no confusion on your part.
  • Reply 66 of 66
    flounderflounder Posts: 2,674member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chris_CA View Post

How is referencing the article this thread is about, unclear?

Get over it and learn how to read. You really seem to be "floundering" on this one.

I wrote, "The article was published: 11:25 AM EST, not EDT."

If you are not gonna read the article, perhaps you shouldn't comment on it, then there will be no confusion on your part.

I did read the article. Like many here, I don't often visit the front page of AI, and read their articles as posted in the forum. I assure you, my reading comprehension skills are just fine.

Your definition of "article" seems to be limited to "read through the main page of AI." That definition is far too narrow. I read the article as it was posted in the forums. To assume that everyone commenting in the forums on the article read it on the main page (which apparently you did) is silly.