File-sharing: right or wrong?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ApeironDecay View Post

It's kind of ironic you're calling me arrogant when you constantly feel the need to protect your ego by ignoring what I say.

No, I did so because I didn't ignore the fact you dis'd sociology majors.

Quote:

I'm quite aware of moral skepticism...thank you. I'm trying to be civil about this, but I see you simply don't want to be courteous. Either you're a thorough d-bag, or you simply can't read my posts without trying to refute everything I write.

You asked a couteous question, and I gave you a courteous answer on what to do just now. That wasn't very hard was it?

And with respect to your awareness of moral skepticism, perhaps you could enlighten us on how you would reconcile your assertion with your awareness?

Quote:

I'm keeping the survey as-is, you can stop whining about it. It's not life or death.

Never said it was. You SHOULD still ask your prof about it but whatever. Your life.

Quote:

Also, I would like to point out that Maclemming has offered to fight me via private messages. I see the kind of people that post on this board, and my only mistake about this whole thing was thinking I could get some intelligent responses from people. I'm a die-hard mac user, but I understand why people consider most (if not all) to be elitist knobgobblers. The egos are too much.

Buh bye.
  • Reply 22 of 27
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:

I came to a Mac forum hoping for some intelligent insight, but so far it's 0 for 2. Somebody, anybody, please take the survey and actually READ the responses.

The moral of the story is that morals are imposed by the group and have nothing to do with ethics. Morals are only agreed upon agreements.

There's also a thing called manners. Maybe you should start there.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    your last post was courteous...the post before that was not. I'll just save the hassle and delete the first question of the survey (Do you download). That question doesn't matter anyway...I'm interested in the opinions of morality.

in response to the moral skepticism: seeing as how this is a survey that implies that there is in fact a moral dilemma, I did not see what good it would do to have a response that has nothing to do with the purpose of my essay. Moral skepticism is a different issue entirely; I could easily write an essay on that alone--but I'm arguing (generally) that morality and file-sharing go hand-in-hand as my thesis.

iPeon--you're right. My original post was clearly intended to incite a flame war. How rude of me coming in here and asking a question taking up all of your valuable time.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    Quote:

iPeon--you're right. My original post was clearly intended to incite a flame war. How rude of me coming in here and asking a question taking up all of your valuable time.

I can see why you have an interest in morality.

Check this out: This is from me to you, "How rude of me to respond to your post answearing a question whose answear is wasting your valuable time."

Now go back and re-read you last sentence reading as if I had said it to you and tell me how it makes you feel.

• Reply 25 of 27
    indifferent, really. point?
  • Reply 26 of 27
    The point is the point, that you don't see the point.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    fuck it.

fuck off.