8800 GT for 1st Mac Pros; iTunes/Starbucks giveaway; Wall St. store?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 26
    ikirikir Posts: 127member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

GeForce 8800 GT available for early Mac Pro

Great! Thanks Apple!!! Already ordered one!
  • Reply 22 of 26
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ikir View Post

Great! Thanks Apple!!! Already ordered one!

I didn't find a place where it could be ordered. All I found was the upgrade that's compatible with the 2008 revision of the Mac Pro, not the older ones. The note in the description was very clear about that.
  • Reply 23 of 26
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

While I don't use the A or C much, there is nothing wrong with the E.

I do detect a bit of envy in your remarks though.

Of course ! Who wouldn't want an Apple store in their neighborhood! I take it you live near it. I personally use Soho because I can walk to it and do other things besides the Apple store. I rarely go to meatpacking district- too out of the way. And they have no classes there.
  • Reply 24 of 26
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Of course ! Who wouldn't want an Apple store in their neighborhood! I take it you live near it. I personally use Soho because I can walk to it and do other things besides the Apple store. I rarely go to meatpacking district- too out of the way. And they have no classes there.

Actually, I live in forest Hills.

My company was at 928 Broadway for 28 years. I went to HS in the old Stuvesant building, and owned another company at 17 W 19th street before the commercial film lab, from 1973 to Nov. 1982.

So I'm pretty familiar with the area, both historically, and now.
  • Reply 25 of 26
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by melgross View Post

Actually, I live in forest Hills.

My company was at 928 Broadway for 28 years. I went to HS in the old Stuvesant building, and owned another company at 17 W 19th street before the commercial film lab, from 1973 to Nov. 1982.

So I'm pretty familiar with the area, both historically, and now.

Now that's where they should put one, in Forest Hills- Austin Street- another shopper's paradise!

If Williamsburg Brooklyn gets one - why not Queens?
  • Reply 26 of 26
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

I didn't find a place where it could be ordered. All I found was the upgrade that's compatible with the 2008 revision of the Mac Pro, not the older ones. The note in the description was very clear about that.

I found the link in the story, I didn't notice that. The search engine on Apple's store couldn't find it.