Aluminum MacBook, iMac-like MacBook Pro mocks leaked?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 58
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Why would you be surprised? I'm not.

hehe
  • Reply 42 of 58
    macrumors took the story down...

hmmm

hmmmmmmmm...
  • Reply 43 of 58
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kloppenator View Post

macrumors took the story down...

hmmm

hmmmmmmmm...

Not down, moved to "page 2" with an addendum.
  • Reply 44 of 58
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by initiator View Post

Man, I hope they don't use the Air's keyboard. I hate that chicklet keyboard. Who thinks this is a good idea?

Quite a few people actually.

Quote:

Have you tried doing serious typing on it?

Yes. Love it. Best keyboard I've ever used.

Quote:

Hate it.

Oh well.
  • Reply 45 of 58
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    honestly, i love the black, macbook air style keyboard.

where can i find these mock-ups?

edit:

i found it
  • Reply 46 of 58
    I'm pretty sure I've seen the black frame around the screen sported by a 17" Compaq behemoth. I'm still not sold on the black on silver combo, especially with the keyboard. Gives off sort of an unpleasant retro feel.
  • Reply 47 of 58
    mhhh.... MacRumors got an email from Apple Legal...

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1156/picture3mv5.png

or if you want to view the original JPEG:

http://att.macrumors.com/attachment....2&d=1208469469
  • Reply 48 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

arn said it's fake. If it were real, he'd probably have taken the story down.
  • Reply 49 of 58
    eckingecking Posts: 1,588member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lafe View Post

I vastly prefer the MBA keyboard to any MB or MBP keyboard. I type on it all the time,

at blinding speeds. I have no problems with it. (Yes, I've used the others also.)

To each their own, I guess.

Quoted for truth I love that keyboard. If they do that with the macbook, I will pick one up.
  • Reply 50 of 58
    dunksdunks Posts: 1,254member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by McHuman View Post

the new designs will have a flushed radius on the edges like the nano and mac book air :

I suspect you are right. I'm not sure that it would be very comfortable on the wrists though...

From a design perspective there is something peculiar, dishonest even, about a soft curve leading up to a sharp edge. I guess for the nanos it could be thought of as an attempt to evoke the "roundness" of the iPods of yesteryear in a much thinner package.

I'm sure Apple will settle upon a design that, like they did with the black bezel, is controversial for about five days then has everyone fawning over it.

I think it would be interesting to see Apple use colour-changeable LED's for the apple logo on the back of the screen so you could set it to a fixed colour or have it slowly fade between colours. It would allow people to customise their mac's external appearance without apple having to produce many different models and everyone would know it's a new mac when they see something other than the standard white apple.
  • Reply 51 of 58
    hezekiahbhezekiahb Posts: 448member
    These pics are definitely fake. The MacBook is just a current pro with a superimposed keyboard. The Pro is a 17" with superimposed iMac screen & macbook air keyboard. The quality is worse on that one because it had more work done to it & the creator had to hide the changes.

Seriously, this is far from having any right to be legitimate rumor, clearly a farce.
  • Reply 52 of 58
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    Those mockups look terrible.
  • Reply 53 of 58
    A very rough mock-up:

Hopefully it will come with a white keyboard, and available anodized aluminum colors. maybe some speakers on the sides of the keyboard just like the MacBook Pro
  • Reply 54 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jawporta View Post

I F&^%ING hate glossy screens. I'm a designer and using a computer with a glossy screen is the most distracting thing in the world. I was all set to buy the new iMac but once I saw that crappy screen I opted out. I'm using my wife's MacBook Pro Matte screen instead. If they move to an all glossy screen line up I'll be forced to look elsewhere. I don't want to use a PC, but if my only option with Apple is Glossy or Mac Pro then due to financial restraints I'll be at a loss.

Glossy screens are amazing, and if you don't like the "glare" don't view your screen right in front of a window. You could buy a Mac Mini and buy a monitor. The Mac Pro isn't your only option. You could also get a MacBook Pro.
  • Reply 55 of 58
    Quote:

Glossy screens are amazing, and if you don't like the "glare" don't view your screen right in front of a window.

That limits the number of rooms it's usable in. It's also not necessarily the the only places that it's bothersome to someone.
  • Reply 56 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

That limits the number of rooms it's usable in. It's also not necessarily the the only places that it's bothersome to someone.

I have a couch right up to a wall with no windows. Maybe he could do that? If overhead lights are a problem he could turn the lights off. I really don't find it to distracting. It's kind of like a CRT TV or monitor. I don't notice reflections unless I look for them
  • Reply 57 of 58
    Quote:

I doubt apple legal would send out messages with typos in them.
  • Reply 58 of 58
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chadisawesome View Post

I doubt apple legal would send out messages with typos in them.

They wouldn't.

Someone earlier said:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

arn said it's fake. If it were real, he'd probably have taken the story down.