Blank MBP displays; Maine Apple store; new iPhone retail prep

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    drayzrdrayzr Posts: 3member
    DIRECTLY FROM AT&T!!!! POSSIBLE 3G IPHONE DATE!!!!!! MAY 18TH!!!!!

A guy at the AT&T store told me that THE NEW IPHONE(3G) will be announced on MAY 18TH by AT&T, and that apple made a deal with AT&T to let them announce the 3G iPhone, with a rollout planned for June. The date in June was not specified. This came from an AT&T store employee at the AT&T store. At least AT&T guys are able to tell you stuff, because I couldn't get ANYONE at the apple store to say anything. One guy just said "My job is important to me." But May seems right because if the 3G iPhone was to be announced in june, the discounts would be done in may instead of april. But at least we have a good date other than June 9th.
  • Reply 22 of 30
    iqatedoiqatedo Posts: 1,824member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnathan View Post

yet again, i have the newest mbp, 2.5 ghz penryn.. have done all updates, not a single glitch.. is there something to say about what these users are doing with their laptops?

no idea, just have to say - lovin' my macbook pro.. best computer i've ever owned.

What a useless comment! There is nothing that I can do to get my screen back up when this happens, short of re-booting. Now, why don't you tell me what sort of user I am!

Go away!
  • Reply 23 of 30
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by drayzr View Post

DIRECTLY FROM AT&T!!!! POSSIBLE 3G IPHONE DATE!!!!!! MAY 18TH!!!!!

A guy at the AT&T store told me that THE NEW IPHONE(3G) will be announced on MAY 18TH by AT&T, and that apple made a deal with AT&T to let them announce the 3G iPhone, with a rollout planned for June. The date in June was not specified. This came from an AT&T store employee at the AT&T store. At least AT&T guys are able to tell you stuff, because I couldn't get ANYONE at the apple store to say anything. One guy just said "My job is important to me." But May seems right because if the 3G iPhone was to be announced in june, the discounts would be done in may instead of april. But at least we have a good date other than June 9th.

May 18th is a Sunday. A no AT&T employee knows shit on when Apple's going to announce new products. Apple Store employees wouldn't know either. And why would Apple release the 3G version before v2.0 of the software is ready? And if they did pre-announce it, current sales would drop to about zero.

And seriously, what's up with the super big font size? And the more exclamation points a post has, the less reliable it is.
  • Reply 24 of 30
    I just warned a friend of mine with a MBP from late 2007 about this update but it was too late, he had already seen the blank screen of death. He said all he had to do to fix it was turn up the screen brightness on the keyboard. It did scare the crap out him tho... I'm not sure where he got that solution from or if it will solve everyone's issues, but regardless, if you're reading this you don't have the problem!
  • Reply 25 of 30
    straskstrask Posts: 107member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shawnathan View Post

yet again, i have the newest mbp, 2.5 ghz penryn.. have done all updates, not a single glitch.. is there something to say about what these users are doing with their laptops?

no idea, just have to say - lovin' my macbook pro.. best computer i've ever owned.

When you read things like this: "Mac OS X 10.5.3 build 9D22 adds 15 new bug fixes to a laundry list now spanning over 170 items long." what do you think that means?
  • Reply 26 of 30
    doh123doh123 Posts: 323member
    I had a similar issue on mine, and it is not a black screen, just it has no backlight. Not sure its the same issue, but it happened quite often switching in apps (mainly games) switching between full screen and window mode... the machine would lock up sometimes, and when i rebooted, the OS would just look like a black screen. I found out looking closely, the screens backlight was just off, but the screen brightness keys wouldnt work until i logged in. I typed in my user name and password, as if i could see the screen (which i kinda could with a flashlight), and it logged in then i hit the brightness up on the keyboard... and the screen came right back on...

weird, not sure if its related to this problem or not...
  • Reply 27 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

May 18th is a Sunday. A no AT&T employee knows shit on when Apple's going to announce new products. Apple Store employees wouldn't know either. And why would Apple release the 3G version before v2.0 of the software is ready? And if they did pre-announce it, current sales would drop to about zero.

And seriously, what's up with the super big font size? And the more exclamation points a post has, the less reliable it is.

I am just saying what he told me. I know the sales would drop to zero which is why it doesnt make sense to me. But on the subject of the 2.0 software, it would be released in june, when the 2.0 is released. I dont exactly believe this story because usually apple introduces their products and not a partner, but I am just telling you what he told me.
  • Reply 28 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

The exclamation points are to get people to notice this
  • Reply 29 of 30
    My wife has a MacBook Pro purchased late fall 2007. We've applied all the updates and have had ZERO problems with the screen or any other functionality.
  • Reply 30 of 30
    I am really starting to regret that I bought an Apple notebook. Is silly, but the key ?a? doesn?t work properly and I have problems with the LCD screen. I bought it two weeks ago, so I don?t think there are any updates to apply, right? I don?t know what the problem is. All the apple computers have these types of problems?