Originally Posted by melgross View Post

I haven't seen G3man for a while now.

Can you blame him for hiding?
  • Reply 22 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by minderbinder View Post

Can you blame him for hiding?

No. But it would be nice if he came back like a man, and took his lickin'.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    satchmosatchmo Posts: 2,699member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jasenj1 View Post

I'm thinking of putting in a 5 or 10% stop loss on my AAPL in anticipation of a dip. Dip if they miss numbers - oh noes! they're DOOMED!! Dip if they make numbers - oh noes! They only met the numbers!! Dip if they exceed numbers - They're done! They've run out of ideas! They can't keep this up!

Ain't that the truth. Hard to make heads or tails out of how the market will react.

Look at last quarter...perhaps jitters due to the sub-prime fiasco, but Apple got hit badly despite good numbers. Thankfully, I didn't jump ship. I only wished I had picked up some more stock when it was back around the $120's.
  • Reply 24 of 27
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    I hate all the raised estimates and 'pumping' of APPL on the talk shows, especially CNBC. Expectations have been raised very high and I suspect that some deep number like the number of pink iPods sold will be the number that moves the stock instead of overall earnings.

Funny, people who thought Apple's last earnings had 'hair' are now back on the bandwagon. Yeah, I'm looking at you Cramer.
  • Reply 25 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Don't worry too much about the short term volatility... you know it's going to plummet after the next call. Pick up more then.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Don't worry too much about the short term volatility... you know it's going to plummet after the next call. Pick up more then.

I try not too, but it's a bit gut wrenching to see APPL shed 80 points. I'm really beginning to think APPL will loose 20 points after they report earnings. Expectations just seem very high right now.
  • Reply 27 of 27
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,521member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

I try not too, but it's a bit gut wrenching to see APPL shed 80 points. I'm really beginning to think APPL will loose 20 points after they report earnings. Expectations just seem very high right now.

Apple's price dropped more than the markets. This was to be expected because of the kind of products they sell. If they were strong in enterprise and government sales the price wouldn't have dropped as much.

But, that's also the reason why it's moving up faster than the market.

I expect this volatility. That's why I bough twice on the way down. First at 173, and then again at 125.