Evernote for Mac, iPhone to make managing information overload easy

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    icarbonicarbon Posts: 196member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addicted44 View Post

I dont see why a Preview of an app should contain mentions of other similar software. If it was a review, then that is absolutely necessary, since you cannot review an app in isolation, but rather, have to view it in terms of other software that do similar things. But the point of the preview is to note the existence of such an app, which might be useful to AI readers. I read this preview, downloaded Evernote, and am liking it so far, so I am really grateful to it!

Also, I cant see how you can get more clear that it is a preview, considering the first two words of the article are "Exclusive Preview".

I know, the more I think about it, the more it seems like a pretty complex issue. The thing is, I get about 20 letters/emails a day telling me about exclusive previews, special exclusive deals and once-in-a-lifetime opportunities. and it feels cheap when I see them on a news site. I understand the point and the need, I really do, but it feels like its not news, it feels like advertising. The problem is that it doesn't happen enough to merit its own section, but if it was in a separate section, then it wouldn't feel so much like spam.

argh, and now I'm realizing that I'm the leading edge of a hijacked thread!

lets talk about how cool this app is...

wait, I never actually made it past the first two paragraphs, I have no idea what this app does! (got all pissed at the slick sales-pitch tone)

what is this article about, anyway?
  • Reply 22 of 23
    So, on the topic...

Surely it would be fairly simple to use QuickLook to drop images into Evernote?

That would be a decent interim solution, until they build import filters for Word, Excel etc...
  • Reply 23 of 23
    One interesting thing you can do is set up EverNote with Jott, and send transcribed voice notes to yourself-

http://lifehacker.com/373815/jott-yo...evernote-bliss

I find it useful for note-taking (especially while driving), since I currently have a dumbphone and no PDA.