An intriguing prospect for Apple's future.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea View Post

If it can't stand at 75º then it wont be very useful as a desktop and it would only be useful as a tablet.

Yeah and that would make sense because it's not desktop, it's a tablet. If you want a desktop, then you'll get one. In fact you'll need one (or a laptop) if you want to sync, restore or software update the Mac touch.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vinea

Every tablet I own has a dock or a rest to allow for the use of a keyboard and for the tablet to be a display in a vertical orientation.

And if you go back over my comments you'll see I said it would likely come with a dock for syncing etc. And I even added that Apple may give it photo-frame functionality when docked too. You could use the dock to hold it at 75º while typing on your bluetooth keyboard but that's not the built-in stand doing that angle, it's the dock. I just don't think Apple will tout that as a feature, as when you're near your dock you'll either use your laptop for all that extended typing, or your desktop.

Again, as I said before; if you type for a living (i.e. journalist or blogger etc.) Apple will still sell laptops, which would likely suit you better. The Mac touch is not really for a person who types for a living. Then again, if it had really good pen recognition you may take up writing, who knows. Or you may pop out the rest, slap the Mac touch up on a desk or table and be quite surprised how used to the onscreen keyboard (with built-in auto-correct) you actually become.