Font Book vs. Suitcase Fusion

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Having been a Mac user for longer than I care to think about, I'm a bit fan of keeping things really simple - minimal, mean & lean installations and nothing that isn't 100% required.

I have a lot of friend who have installed every single app, utility and gadget that they can get their hands on and then they wonder why their Mac runs SO slow.

Which is why I've never installed Suitcase. I figured that if the Macs ship with a suitable font management app in the box, then why complicate matters with a third party application that does exactly the same thing, and which may not play nice with the Apple app. I mean, after all, Font Book is developed by the same people that write the OS? Right?

But increasingly I'm being pressurised to install Suitcase. My peers with selective memory rave about how they've never had any problems with Suitcase (even although I've had to fix their Macs in the past after they've become unusable with Suitcase related problems.

What are your guys opinions on Suticase vs. Font Book. Is Suitcase worth installing and does it play nice with Font Book?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    I think Linotype's FontExplorer X is superior to both.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post

I think Linotype's FontExplorer X is superior to both.

What he said. It really really is, particularly if you don't need font server access.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    thegarthegar Posts: 92member
    Does Linotype play nice with FontBook ? I mean, you can't just switch off FontBook (I think). So does the one interfere with the other ?