Secrecy of Apple?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 32
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by DigitalChan View Post

Not really emperor I blame the poor i8ln support on Mac OS X for that.... I typed that while beta testing something on my MBP.

So who's the book guy who you're quoting as saying "pet" is a derogatory towards Asians? Something that's in your grandfather's?
  • Reply 22 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mzaslove View Post

So who's the book guy who you're quoting as saying "pet" is a derogatory towards Asians? Something that's in your grandfather's?

It's more of a collection of common street lingo among prominent Hong Kong investors.
  • Reply 23 of 32
    Quote:

It's more of a collection of common street lingo among prominent Hong Kong investors.

Really? That's what you wrote with the title and author earlier (which were Japanese, by the way). Also, you say "pet" -- which is an English term -- is derogatory, when in fact you claim it's a supposed Chinese term that somehow we on the AI board (which seems to be in English, though some of the grammar and spelling are debatable ) are supposed to know in its translated form?

You've been incredibly amusing all day with egging everyone on (and anyone who takes what you're writing seriously has lost their sense of humor), but I really have to call BS on this "pet"/Hong Kong investors collection of street lingo that somehow we're supposed to know stuff. "Rally I do...."

But good on you for keeping everyone entertained today.
  • Reply 24 of 32
    Quote:

Really? That's what you wrote with the title and author earlier (which were Japanese, by the way). Also, you say "pet" -- which is an English term -- is derogatory, when in fact you claim it's a supposed Chinese term that somehow we on the AI board (which seems to be in English, though some of the grammar and spelling are debatable ) are supposed to know in its translated form?

You've been incredibly amusing all day with egging everyone on (and anyone who takes what you're writing seriously has lost their sense of humor), but I really have to call BS on this "pet"/Hong Kong investors collection of street lingo that somehow we're supposed to know stuff. "Rally I do...."

But good on you for keeping everyone entertained today.

It is Japanese.

I didn't say Pet was derogatory.. if I came off as that whoops.

I was saying referring to Asians as pets was derogatory.

I must really get back to Dancing... another contributor here has striked me to start up again.

See -- guy writing a script) I can be entertaining!
  • Reply 25 of 32
    Quote:

It is Japanese.

I didn't say Pet was derogatory.. if I came off as that whoops.

I was saying referring to Asians as pets was derogatory.

I must really get back to Dancing... another contributor here has striked me to start up again.

See -- guy writing a script) I can be entertaining!

Don't quit your day job... if you have one.
  • Reply 26 of 32
    Quote:

Don't quite your day job... if you have one.

Pretty much retired at this point. Just freelancing here and there.
  • Reply 27 of 32
    tontontonton Posts: 14,067
    DC you're so full of shit it's not even funny, it's sad... pathetic even.

I've lived in Hong Kong for 12 years. My wife is Chinese. There's no such derogatory term calling Asians as "pets" (at least not in English). You made it up. If you're referring to the "No Dogs or Chinese" signs reported to have been put up at a Shanghai park in the 1920's, first of all...

It was the 1920's. I think if you checked your calendar, you might find that we're a little past that date now;

It is an urban legend. Not fact.

There are no "prominent Hong Kong investors" who use this term. You made it up.

You're just a bitter ex-Apple employee who missed the boat and proabaly had little programming skills to begin with, hence your "retirement".

Dude. Get a Dell.
  • Reply 28 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I've lived in Hong Kong for 12 years. My wife is Chinese. There's no such derogatory term calling Asians as "pets" (at least not in English). You made it up. If you're referring to the "No Dogs or Chinese" signs reported to have been put up at a Shanghai park in the 1920's, first of all...

It was the 1920's. I think if you checked your calendar, you might find that we're a little past that date now;

You're just a bitter ex-Apple employee who missed the boat and proabaly had little programming skills to begin with, hence your "retirement".

Dude. Get a Dell.

Bravo!

But this is but one thread -- the guy is all over AI like a virus.
  • Reply 29 of 32
    vineavinea Posts: 5,585member
    Quote:

As far as this asian pet story you should read the book called:

人種差別的な言葉の本 by 天武天皇

(I don't think there is a good english translation.)

I don't think there's a good book there either...never heard of asian pets either. An epidemic of minature proportions.
  • Reply 30 of 32
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

Dude. Get a Dell.

I had one.

"retirement" because I still do freelance work occasionally.

And I quit from Apple because working for them was terrible.

As far as this term; I never said WHEN prominent investors used the term.
  • Reply 31 of 32
    wircwirc Posts: 302member
    This discussion is boring. I am, however, really enjoying this here Joanna Newsom album I'm listening to. It's amazing how this music should be so terrible, but manages to be so damn good. I hate folk music, harps are stupid, and she sings lyrics more abstruse than Dylan with a voice that sounds like a strangled child. I dunno, it's really providing a great contrast the the inanity of DigitalChan's trolling.

What music has been getting you through the day lately? What's been getting you through this thread?
  • Reply 32 of 32
    mr_zebramr_zebra Posts: 85member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by wirc View Post

What's been getting you through this thread?

A strong sense of disbelief in the somewhat pathetic attitude of DigitalChan. Then again, I also take it with a pinch (or... bag) of salt since I don't think anyone can possibly be as misinformed as he.

He seems to think he can pontificate about Apple and it's workings when clearly he has some warped version of reality going on in his head. I notice in one of his many threads/irrational rants that he made a reference to working for Apple "before it should have gone out of business, which would have been better for everyone" (I'm paraphrasing, of course). Better for whom, I wonder? The shareholders? Apple employees who'd have lost their jobs? Users who'd now be stuck, choosing between Winblows and Linux? Oh *yes*, REALLY better all round.

I can only assume he's one of the people that Steve Jobs accosted in an elevator and reduced to tears.