G4/G5 >=1Ghz When?

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    tjmtjm Posts: 367member
    [quote]Originally posted by Spartacus:

<strong>AT 12 o'clock

You understand what I mean. The transition will be complet when 10.2(optimized G5) and the G5 comes out for the professionals.

When will it be 12 o'clock?

At the end of march at an Apple Event.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That is precisely what came to my mind when I saw that big clock. I was hoping he would jump it to 12:00 as a WOW factor, but when he didn't, I immediately thought that March = 12 o'clock. I would like to think Steve was deliberately sending that message. I'm not in the market for a computer right now, anyway, so I can wait a while for the G5s to show.
  • Reply 42 of 42
    amorphamorph Posts: 7,112member
    [quote]Originally posted by Programmer:

<strong>Apple has always had a substantial contingent of engineers at the Somerset PowerPC design center that was created with AIM came into existance.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Furthermore, Apple has always had a hand in PPC development. The chief architect of the platform, Keith Diefendorff(sp?), was an Apple employee at the time. I have heard that Apple also pushed for, and designed (or helped designed) the vector ISA that AltiVec implements.

Things definitely cooled off between Apple and Mot for a while, but I don't think Apple has ever had their hands completely off the PowerPC. They don't just take what they're given.