Apple's OS X iPhone, Leopard banners show OS split pre-WWDC

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Glad to see all the Marketing Executives out-of-work trying to get jobs commenting on what is wrong with the marketing campaigns, before they arrive.

Really? Where? How about the self-employed advertising or design professionals? Or the people with extensive product naming experience?
  • Reply 62 of 69
    hypermarkhypermark Posts: 152member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

It would not be "Mobility" because that has a very specific meaning. It usually refers to vehicle modifications (lifts, for example) and services for the disabled in the automotive industry.

http://www.toyota.com/mobility/

http://www.gm.com/shop/services/gm_mobility/

http://www.automobility.daimlerchrysler.com/

Fair point on what the name SHOULDN'T be but the goals of defining umbrella name that doesn't require a bunch of arm-waving to clarify that refers to iPhone AND iPod touch devices is my primary point.

We will have to see what Monday brings.

Mark
  • Reply 63 of 69
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Quote:

Can you be more specific? What do you mean "Steve doesn't like it at all"?

read my later post so I can clear up what I meant. I didn't mean it as I said it, i apologise.
  • Reply 64 of 69
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,503member
    Quote:

Really? Where? How about the self-employed advertising or design professionals? Or the people with extensive product naming experience?

Add the self-egrandizing millionaire whose so philanthropic that they are willing to offer their Sage advice on product naming.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by stellaclose View Post

I think the other 'landmark' part of this keynote will be they'll announce the license OS X coming in January.

Think about it for a second. They've dropped all reference to Mac in the OS X posters and I think Snow Leopard will be the release for all PC's in January. They dropped a bombshell a few years ago with the move to Intel. This just seems to be a natural progression of the OS for all.

Anyway just my thoughts on this.

Wow, I hadn't thought of that. That would certainly fit very well into the early clues, but I don't want it to happen...
  • Reply 66 of 69
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post

Too much association possible with the turd that is Windows Mobile. OS X Mobile makes the most sense to me too and it sounds better.

OS M?

or

OS/2
  • Reply 67 of 69
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

BTW, stuff I mention may be alluding to info under an NDA. I am covered by one, so I can say some stuff but my backup is strictly confidential. I will know some stuff I say is right, and it will seem very stupid to others. I hope you understand that we developers have spent the last three months learning what OS X iPhone really is, and understand quite a bit that may seem to be our own personal beliefs and assumptions, to others. I apologise for not making that clear.

I believe the best way in which you can avoid confusion is not to mention any information which alludes to other information you must keep confidential. It only serves to wind people up. What you end up with is a one-sided conversation, so there is no point.

"You cannot have a multi-resolution touch-screen UI."

"why not?"

"I could tell you, but I'd have to kill you afterwards."

You can see the dilemma here. Someone wise once said, if you can't say something constructive, don't say anything at all.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Thats exactly what the argument is at the moment.

I will hold my peace.

It just aggrivates me with all these stupid rumors that make no real sense.
  • Reply 69 of 69
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Ooo, top secret stuff only a developer would know.

(Hint: Plenty of people here are developers and/or are familiar with the iPhone SDK. It isn't really inside info that everyone else is oblivious to. You'll have to play a different hand to win arguments around here.)