iPhone interest in UK increases fourfold with advent of 3G model

13»

Comments

• Reply 41 of 42
    As far as I'm concerned, contract versus pay as you go is the whole issue. 3G is important, but I could live without it personally. However, the contract was the total killer.

If we do indeed get pay as you go, then I'll be very interested indeed, and I won't actually be that bothered about the price of the iPhone itself. However, I'm a bit worried that the pay as you go credit may be the sort that expires every month if you don't use it. If that's the case, it would annoy me a lot and would discourage me from buying an iPhone until non-expiring credit is introduced. (Expiring credit seems to be how other O2 phones work, judging by their Web site. It's significant that they call it 'Pay And Go' rather than "Pay as you Go'; it may mean two different things.)
  • Reply 42 of 42
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BusinessEd View Post

What were in these containers and if they were the iphones why the delay and if they were not, then what are they? Or were the pundits, with their manifest invoices and shipping dates, just blowing smoke at us.

Apple wouldn't kill sales of the iPhone for two months with supply sitting in warehouses. Perhaps these were just Macs or they were faked. I, too, wish t have a definiteve answer to help judge the situation the next time it comes up.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Didn't you hear? Those were actually the 8.5" Mac Touch that will be given free to the first 10,000 purchasers of the iPhone 3G around the world.

I think I hear Ireland boarding a plane to NYC.

(Oops, that isn't an 11" Mac Touch)