Apple accidently ships MobileMe boxes; Google Talk for iPhone

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 38
    bobertoqbobertoq Posts: 172member
    Where does it say it was an accident? I don't see a label on the box that says, "We shipped this by accident, don't open until the 11th".

Also, aren't some of the words spelled wrong? Kalender :P
  • Reply 22 of 38
    jpellinojpellino Posts: 706member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rot'nApple View Post

Either misspelled words or that courier has a long trek to go from Cupertino, CA to Germany or Austria to pick it up...

I hear Chuck Noland's on the case.
  • Reply 23 of 38
    pg4gpg4g Posts: 383member
    Er... do you guys think english is the only language? kalendar is German. Its a german box, and the tipoff was from Germany.
  • Reply 24 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PG4G View Post

Er... do you guys think english is the only language? kalendar is German. Its a german box, and the tipoff was from Germany.

That was the AppleInsider sense-of-humor detector you just jammed your pinky toe on.
  • Reply 25 of 38
    That was the Australian sense-of-humor detector you just jammed your pinky toe on. Laughing about American arrogance about them being the centre of the universe is a favorite Aussie pastime.
  • Reply 26 of 38
    buckbuck Posts: 293member
    Die Mobile Me, Die.
  • Reply 27 of 38
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I like the logo.

My tastes aren't very mainstream. I don't have any T-shirts with unicorns or Care Bears or sparkly rainbows. I'm more of a titanium, glossy black, brushed metal kinda guy.
  • Reply 28 of 38
    u1725u1725 Posts: 2member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bobertoq View Post

Where does it say it was an accident? I don't see a label on the box that says, "We shipped this by accident, don't open until the 11th".

Also, aren't some of the words spelled wrong? Kalender :P

It's the german box
  • Reply 29 of 38
    read above... we've already been discussing the humorous nature of that comment.
  • Reply 30 of 38
    hattighattig Posts: 860member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by u1725 View Post

It's the german box

ORLY? You don't say!

Or could it be the Austrian box ... or the German Swiss box?
  • Reply 31 of 38
    allblueallblue Posts: 393member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hattig View Post

ORLY? You don't say!

Or could it be the Austrian box ... or the German Swiss box?

No, Orly is in France.
  • Reply 32 of 38
    Quote:

That was the Australian sense-of-humor detector you just jammed your pinky toe on. Laughing about American arrogance about them being the centre of the universe is a favorite Aussie pastime.

Nice backpedal though.
  • Reply 33 of 38
    Quote:

No, Mail should work directly with it. However, Push will not currently work. This is probly because the software hasn't been installed for it (the software update that will also change everything from .Mac to MobileMe), and I doubt Apple will have activated push yet at the server. IMAP will still work with Mobile me anyway.

And by POP I presume you meant Push, and no, that is currently not active, as explained above.

He likely does mean POP, standard *retrieval*, so we could explicitly configure a mail.app account to deal with the me.com account without needing the push.

Which, by the way currently works just fine. Simply make a POP account for me.com using the same mail and smtp servers, ports and authentication as a mac.com POP setup. Simply substitute me.com for mac.com wherever it occurs. Just tested it from my me.com account to another private account, and all's well. Both directions.
  • Reply 34 of 38
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:

Aw, c'mon... don't tell me all Aussie's are bitter like you.
  • Reply 35 of 38
    datamodeldatamodel Posts: 126member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by pixelcruncher View Post

My tastes aren't very mainstream. I don't have any T-shirts with unicorns or Care Bears or sparkly rainbows. I'm more of a titanium, glossy black, brushed metal kinda guy.

Sounds like a hell of a T-shirt...
  • Reply 36 of 38
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,953member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by krynsky View Post

If a rep told me someone was going to take back a delivery I'dd tell them to go F__K OFF. What is Apple going to do, sue me into returning it? Even their hot to trot lawyers aren't that quick.

I agree, the damage is done. People usually can't just unsee something. Just the part about a courier picking it up so they can re-deliver it at the proper time just sounds like a solution a mindless drone would present.
  • Reply 37 of 38
    stevenozstevenoz Posts: 317member
    I wonder if it was someone born in the 1980s (the materialistic, egocentric me-generation some say) who thought up me.com? I would be loathe to use such an address!
  • Reply 38 of 38
    plazmanplazman Posts: 4member
    Google Talk seems like a strange name for an app that you don't talk to, not does it talk to you. Am I missing something?