Apple releases iTunes v7.7, Apple TV software v2.1

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 40
    irelandireland Posts: 17,799member
    The Applications tab isn't showing up in iTunes 7.7, it probably needs 2.0 software on the iPhone to reveal it. I already downloaded about 15 free apps.

There are about 3 "not free " golf apps, cool stuff!
  • Reply 22 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Slewis View Post

Don't sync until the update.

Sebastian

I synced mine twice already. I'd say his iPhone was already slightly corrupted, no issues here.
  • Reply 23 of 40
    mobile me is up!
  • Reply 24 of 40
    tony3dtony3d Posts: 47member
    Hi, I downloaded the 7.7 version of iTunes, but I don't see any way to access the Apps Store?
  • Reply 25 of 40
    boazhboazh Posts: 4member
    dran... I'm at work, won't get home till later hopefully the iphne update will be out by then... otherwise how can you use the app store apps??
  • Reply 26 of 40
    It may have been answered somewhere else in the forum but I couldn't find an answer while searching for about ten minutes. Does anyone know?

Thanks,

Kevin
  • Reply 27 of 40
    Yes, you will have to ay to update the Touch. The iPhone is a subscription device whereas the Tough was essentially a one-timer sold as-is.
  • Reply 28 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tony3d View Post

Hi, I downloaded the 7.7 version of iTunes, but I don't see any way to access the Apps Store?

Here:

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/M...nre?id=36&mt=8
  • Reply 29 of 40
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tony3d View Post

Weird - it came up in the iphone section when I downloaded it. Closed iTunes and then launched it again after reading your post. You are right - put "apps" in the search and click on any icon in "applications". then, got to the top nav bar and it should read: (home icon)> app store> Entertainment (or bus, or ?)> [name of app you clicked on].

Then, click on the App Store and you'll be home!
  • Reply 30 of 40
    dr. xdr. x Posts: 282member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

The Applications tab isn't showing up in iTunes 7.7, it probably needs 2.0 software on the iPhone to reveal it. I already downloaded about 15 free apps.

There are about 3 "not free " golf apps, cool stuff!

Just go into Preferences and click on the General Tab if it's not already selected. Just put a tick next to Applications and click OK. The Applications tab will show up.

Hope this helps.
  • Reply 31 of 40
    I get the dreaded "Network Timeout" when I hit any of the download links at Apple. They apparently use the same script to validate/prep ANY downloads there... so I can't get iTunes or Quicktime.

On a side note...I just registered my account here. OMG... that CAPTCA is HORRIBLE! It took me 5 tries to find out I could read well enough to type it out properly, and it's not like I have bad eyes...
  • Reply 32 of 40
    pmjoepmjoe Posts: 565member
    Is the App Store going to be another one of these BS things where I have to allow Apple to store my credit card number for me to be able to use it?
  • Reply 33 of 40
    ijabinijabin Posts: 2member
    I downloaded the new Itunes and when I connect my Iphone, Itunes locks up and I get a beach ball. It won't recognize my Iphone at all.....any suggestions?
  • Reply 34 of 40
    so i can create an itunes account in India but wtf only apps & no music. sucks!!!
  • Reply 35 of 40
    Windows download has been messed up much of the day. I viewed the page code to get the download link. This link will launch the form you need to fill out to download it:

https://swdlp.apple.com/cgi-bin/WebO...iniiFrameReq=N
  • Reply 36 of 40
    pairof9spairof9s Posts: 67member
    The Apple TV 2.1 update also adds Wishlist feature. When you select a movie to see more info and rent/buy, you now see a button to add the movie to a Wishlist. Then the Movie's submenu will show Wishlist as one of the options. This is a great add-on I will use.

I also noticed that the password entry for protected content now displays the hidden bullet as you enter the info instead of showing the actual character for everyone to see (like my kids)!

/
  • Reply 37 of 40
    nceencee Posts: 858member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by iJabin View Post

I downloaded the new Itunes and when I connect my Iphone, Itunes locks up and I get a beach ball. It won't recognize my Iphone at all.....any suggestions?

I'm having the same issue? Maybe it doesn't work well with older OS. I'm on 10.4.11?

Skip
  • Reply 38 of 40
    nceencee Posts: 858member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

I'm having the same issue? Maybe it doesn't work well with older OS. I'm on 10.4.11?

Skip

Now I'm downloading the iPod Touch restore app., but I'm wondering why?

I never installed any up-date to the iPod Touch? I did download the itunes up-date. Is there a way to re-install the old itunes software, or in fact, will the restore for the iPod Touch make a difference?

Right now, when I plug the iPod into my Mac, it launches iTunes, which then lockups. I have to force quite.

Skip
  • Reply 39 of 40
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

LOL I just bought the sketches app by accident

Don't worry... you can use it on the iTablet later on.
  • Reply 40 of 40
    jeff01jeff01 Posts: 3member
    This is the appletv fix I have been waiting for! Finally, you can view an index page of your photos as thumbnails and navigate each folder to a specific photo. Previously, you were limited to in-order slideshows which was really problematic if you had a few hundred or a thousand photos in a folder and wanted to find a specific one. This new version really works great.

Too bad the news of this appletv enhancement didn't get much press due to all the iphone hoopla.