anybody else waiting in line right now?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
so I'm at the coconut point store in estero, Florida. Me, my GF, and buddy from work. We have been waiting since 10pm. It is now 2:30am. Besides the security guard, we are the ONLY ones in line. Every 20-30min people inside the store pull back the black curtain to peek at our gigantic waiting line LOL. Luckily I've got my iPhone. Bidding on ebay and drinking sparks orange.

Thought there was a larger hype than this, but no crowd. IMHO I dont believe apple did a very good job with marketing this.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 24
    jdubs27jdubs27 Posts: 1member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Footloose301 View Post

so I'm at the coconut point store in estero, Florida. Me, my GF, and buddy from work. We have been waiting since 10pm. It is now 2:30am. Besides the security guard, we are the ONLY ones in line. Every 20-30min people inside the store pull back the black curtain to peek at our gigantic waiting line LOL. Luckily I've got my iPhone. Bidding on ebay and drinking sparks orange.

Thought there was a larger hype than this, but no crowd. IMHO I dont believe apple did a very good job with marketing this.

Jacksonville Town Center Mall cops kicked us out...told to come back at 7.
  • Reply 2 of 24
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    I hope to be in line in an hour. I'll check back then with the rest of you line dorks then and we can make fun of geeks. ;-)
  • Reply 3 of 24
    30 people at the AT&T store in Newburgh NY. I was actually scheduled to have a meeting with Verizon Wireless in New Jersey this morning and it got cancelled at the last moment so I jumped on line. Luckily I had shorts, sneakers, and a t-shirt in my trunk. Standing in line in a suit would have been funny. LOL
  • Reply 4 of 24
    close to 100 people in line at Knoxville tn apple store. I'm at the back.
  • Reply 5 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post

close to 100 people in line at Knoxville tn apple store. I'm at the back.

it's a total cluster here. No one has walked out yet, people inside confused looking. Over 200 in line now.
  • Reply 6 of 24
    murphywebmurphyweb Posts: 295member
    Very Sad.
  • Reply 7 of 24
    Quote:

it's a total cluster here. No one has walked out yet, people inside confused looking. Over 200 in line now.

20 minutes for the personto walk out
  • Reply 8 of 24
    second person has yet to walk out. This sucks cause I got a plane to catch. They do have bottled water out though.
  • Reply 9 of 24
    Quote:

second person has yet to walk out. This sucks cause I got a plane to catch. They do have bottled water out though.

30 min for first person to walk out...in wyomissing, pa
  • Reply 10 of 24
    Three in 40 minutes. Way to go apple. This was a bad idea to activate in store.
  • Reply 11 of 24
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

Three in 40 minutes. Way to go apple. This was a bad idea to activate in store.

Yeah I hate that idea. Wish that you could activate at home like on the original. That was a stroke of genius.

BTW didn't know you were in Knoxville. I'm right up the road(i-75) in southeastern Kentucky. I've been to the West Town Knoxville store before. Anyway I plan on venturing out later today to my local ATT store and I'll report back on the activity here.
  • Reply 12 of 24
    wow. I feel for you. #4 just walked out.
  • Reply 13 of 24
    it's official. The system is slow and this was a bad idea. People are getting pissed at line speed.
  • Reply 14 of 24
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

Yeah I hate that idea. Wish that you could activate at home like on the original. That was a stroke of genius.

BTW didn't know you were in Knoxville. I'm right up the road(i-75) in southeastern Kentucky. I've been to the West Town Knoxville store before. Anyway I plan on venturing out later today to my local ATT store and I'll report back on the activity here.

wow. We are close.

It looks like I am going to have to abandon line. Maybe the Madison wi store will have some this evening.
  • Reply 15 of 24
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

wow. We are close.

It looks like I am going to have to abandon line. Maybe the Madison wi store will have some this evening.

I think that getting a phone at the ATT will be the better move this time around. I don't think they'll see lines as larger as Apple stores will.
  • Reply 16 of 24
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    Yikes, sounds awful. When you get through, let us know what the most time consuming part of the process is or where it broke down. Thanks, you're a trooper!
  • Reply 17 of 24
    had to leave the line at the door. There about 5 people doing transactions and 40 employees trying to sell you mobileme and accesories.

Let us hope Wisconsin has phones when I land there.
  • Reply 18 of 24
    Took me 14 minutes total. Hooray for living in the sticks!
  • Reply 19 of 24
    complete disaster. Store can't unbrick at local ATT store, says demand has overloaded the system. told us to go home, get on itunes. been on itunes trying to connect for 45 minutes. my other iphone is disabled. The store in Bham Al sold out in 40 minutes. This is pathetic!
  • Reply 20 of 24
    I should be in Madison at 2 pm local. I to to the apple at the same mall name as the one I left this morning. Should be interesting and I hope they have phones left. CNN is reporting problems like what you stated just watching here on the airport.