Would you find a disabled girl hotter than an obese or ugly girl?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
I'm watching the first episode of Britain's next top model. Oops. I mean "Britains Missing Model". Check it out on http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/ ...For me the deaf girl (the one that doesn't talk at all) is really cute and is just a bubble of joy.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 29
    nvidia2008nvidia2008 Posts: 9,262member
    WARNING: VERY UNPOLITICALLY FRANK AND HONEST CAN YOU HANDLE IT?

In my order of preference, from a more physical point of view... Because we can debate personality until the end of time...

No disability, slightly chubby

=win

No disability, skinny

=hmm, personality is very important here for long term

Disability: Medical (like some sort of underlying frailty - hard to explain unless you've watched the show above)

=if she's cute...

Disability: Deaf (does not speak)

=I'd consider getting to know her

Disability: Missing a limb or having one limb a stump

=I'd consider getting to know her. Not sure if I am balls enough a man though with other people around when I am with her.

Disability: Walks funny (like brain damage) but talks quite normal, cute

=interesting... this is a very interesting one, I don't know

Disability: Wheelchair (paralysed waist down)

=for me this might be quite challenging

No disability, physically quite unattractive without being overweight

=hmm, tough

Obese girl

=sorry, difficult

Disability: Deaf (speaks "funny")

=very difficult for me, even if she is super hot, maybe I would get used to it. Just the shock of a pretty girl then talking like that...
  • Reply 2 of 29
    I think the deaf girl that doesn't talk is really attractive because she has big cute eyes, a great personality without having to make a sound, and slightly on the more voluptous side than mainstream.
  • Reply 3 of 29
    @_@ artman@_@ artman Posts: 5,231member
  • Reply 4 of 29
    k squaredk squared Posts: 608member
    I've dated a mostly deaf girl before (she could hear just a bit, and could read lips). The only issue was that you had to directly address her. Not a big deal as far I was concerned.
  • Reply 5 of 29
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

I've dated a mostly deaf girl before (she could hear just a bit, and could read lips). The only issue was that you had to directly address her. Not a big deal as far I was concerned.

Ever see Children of a Lesser God?

Marlee Matlin is hot! (Well, maybe not 42 year old her).
  • Reply 6 of 29
    I almost dated a girl with a prosthetic leg before. The problem came with her personality... her physical disability had turned her into this monster of a jealous "victim" who blamed everything and anything on her disability. It was actually very frightening when you have someone calling you 30 times in a night (when I'm just trying to get some sleep) and screaming "Who are you f***ing!? That UGLY f***ing whore!!!???" Then when I told her I didn't want to see her any more, she said, "You are such an asshole... you can't accept my disability!!!!"
  • Reply 7 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I almost dated a girl with a prosthetic leg before. The problem came with her personality... her physical disability had turned her into this monster of a jealous "victim" who blamed everything and anything on her disability. It was actually very frightening when you have someone calling you 30 times in a night (when I'm just trying to get some sleep) and screaming "Who are you f***ing!? That UGLY f***ing whore!!!???" Then when I told her I didn't want to see her any more, she said, "You are such an asshole... you can't accept my disability!!!!"

Wow. That's fked up dude... Glad you survived it.
  • Reply 8 of 29
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Jesus, what a thread.
  • Reply 9 of 29
    talksense101talksense101 Posts: 1,738member
    1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

2. Love is blind.

Getting a hard-on doesn't count as a meaningful emotion given the fact that men put up with it for most of our lives irrespective of the relationship we are in.
  • Reply 10 of 29
    shawnjshawnj Posts: 6,656member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Jesus, what a thread.

WWJFH

Who Would Jesus Find Hotter?
  • Reply 11 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by talksense101 View Post

1. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

2. Love is blind... Getting a hard-on doesn't count as a meaningful emotion given the fact that men put up with it for most of our lives irrespective of the relationship we are in.

Yeah, I agree in general. Erections for example are a separate situation. Especially it is on-demand now with various medication. (In the age of "push" and "on-demand" entertainment we also have "on-demand" erections) ...Nonetheless a strong erectile response when you are talking to or hugging a girl, usually means some element of physical attraction. One can also "make love" to a woman while not even having an erection (I leave you all to figure out the mechanics of that)...

In Psych 101 at uni we learnt that some postulate that "Love" is a combination of physical attraction, mental/mind compatibility, and a "hidden perception of soulmates" or something like that. Can't remember.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

WWJFH Who Would Jesus Find Hotter?

LoL there should be shirts instead of "What would Jesus do?", they should have "Who would Jesus do?".
  • Reply 12 of 29
    Check out the Flickr photostream of official pictures:

http://flickr.com/photos/bbc_three/2595793382/

This is Jessica. It's a kind of complicated medical disability she has... She has a very classical English pixiette (I made that word up) look.

• Reply 13 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ShawnJ View Post

WWJFH

Who Would Jesus Find Hotter?

WARNING: RELIGIOUSLY OFFENSIVE

"And behold, the Lord looked upon a woman that came onto His path, He looked at her gently, and then beseeched, 'Yes, I would hit it*'... And the disciples nodded at each other, and proceeded to scribe her name and wherefore she hailed from onto the List of the Lord... Following which the woman was rendered onto her a small parchment (valid only for 3 seasons) for a garment proclaiming as follows:

*Hit it as in the slang of something like this http://idhitit.org/

T-shirt made using http://www.jellymuffin.com/generators/tshirt/
  • Reply 14 of 29
    "And thus the List Of The Lord became a story, a story a myth, a myth a legend. Entire hidden orders of men and women devoted thus their lives to keeping it secret, scribed in ciphers, clues and mysteries... Lest one day Mary Magdalene stumbleth upon its truth and get mad... (and kicketh the Lord out of his abode)."

~Quote from scroll exposed in "The Real Da Vinci Code Explained" (2010).
  • Reply 15 of 29
    Brings a whole new meaning to the term "National Treasure"...
  • Reply 16 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Yeah, I agree in general. Erections for example are a separate situation. Especially it is on-demand now with various medication. (In the age of "push" and "on-demand" entertainment we also have "on-demand" erections) ...Nonetheless a strong erectile response when you are talking to or hugging a girl, usually means some element of physical attraction. One can also "make love" to a woman while not even having an erection (I leave you all to figure out the mechanics of that)...

The reflex is in charge of finding treasure in the dark

And watching over lucky clover isnt that bizarre

Every little thing the reflex does leaves you answered with a

Question mark
  • Reply 17 of 29
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

I've learned more about love and sex and relationships from this one post than I ever could have from all my years of experience in such matters. Would that I had read it before I began my journey into adulthood.
  • Reply 18 of 29
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BRussell View Post

I've learned more about love and sex and relationships from this one post than I ever could have from all my years of experience in such matters. Would that I had read it before I began my journey into adulthood.

OMG. It's all so clear now.
  • Reply 19 of 29
    brussellbrussell Posts: 9,812member
    It's got humility.

Quote:

Yeah, I agree in general.

Analysis.
    Quote:

Erections for example are a separate situation.

Information.

Quote:

Especially it is on-demand now with various medication.

Smart cultural commentary.

Quote:

(In the age of "push" and "on-demand" entertainment we also have "on-demand" erections)

Science.

Quote:

...Nonetheless a strong erectile response when you are talking to or hugging a girl, usually means some element of physical attraction.

Advice.

Quote:

One can also "make love" to a woman while not even having an erection

And mystery.

Quote:

(I leave you all to figure out the mechanics of that)...

I'm going to quilt that post onto a pillow.
  • Reply 20 of 29
    I smell a Booker nomination!