Quote:
    Originally Posted by wilco View Post

Wise and mature.

Don't forget good looking...
  • Reply 62 of 69
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by digitalclips View Post

It must be luck. Mine was grabbed within two months.

How do I reclaim my old member name for MobileMe?

Names that have not been used for a certain amount of time may have been recycled. Try logging in with your old member name and password. If that works, you can reactivate your account to reclaim your name. If it doesn?t, your name may have been recycled.
  • Reply 63 of 69
    bbwibbwi Posts: 812member
    did anybody else besides me not receive the said email?
  • Reply 64 of 69
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bbwi View Post

did anybody else besides me not receive the said email?

I received mine, but not until late yesterday.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    bigpicsbigpics Posts: 1,397member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by geryp View Post

I also don't agree that everything should be working fine ...

Until last week my daily average internet bandwidth consumption was 500MB. Since the .ME upgrade last Friday this became about 4Gigs a day. Using a network analyzer I figured out that the "dotmacsyncclient" is responsible for uploading about 3.5GB "sync data" a day(!!!) to idisk.mac.com. If this is the case with many users, no wonder the .ME servers go down "due to high traffic".

......which may in short order get Mobile.mememe users into trouble with their ISP's, and those in countries with metered iPhone data usage into astronomical phone bills.....
  • Reply 66 of 69
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:

Can someone explain to me the value of an extension to subscription service?

If someone's not happy with the service, and plans to cancel at the end of their contract, is an extra 30 days going to change their decision?

If someone has become dependent on the MobileMe, and migrating to a new service becomes impractical, what value does adding an extra month provide? They're not going anywhere anyway.

Am I missing something? Will $8 and change be deducted from the following year's bill?

Still waiting for an answer to the above question...
  • Reply 67 of 69
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

Still waiting for an answer to the above question...

It's pretty obvious. It gives you an extra month before you have to pay again and it shows that Apple is eating some "humble pie" in acknowledging through a lose of revenue that they have messed up.

In the end, only an average of 1 in 12 people will benefit from the from extended time frame if they continue the service until they die. I suppose they could give everyone an $8 credit on iTunes Store, but then we'd hear complaints from people that don't use iTS and would rather have their MM extended.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    wilcowilco Posts: 985member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

In the end, only an average of 1 in 12 people will benefit from the from extended time frame if they continue the service until they die. I suppose they could give everyone an $8 credit on iTunes Store, but then we'd hear complaints from people that don't use iTS and would rather have their MM extended.

That's what I thought. It's an empty gesture made in the spirit of saving face.
  • Reply 69 of 69
    dypdyp Posts: 33member
    Been testing to see if the sync between iCal and iPhone has improved.

When I attempt to doa sync, it prompts me that MobileMe Trial Membership has expired. Sync doesn't happen.

When I go to Me.com, it says my account is current until 10/30/08.

Now what?