Apple posts profit of $1.07B, ships nearly 2.5 million Macs

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Eexactly what is Apple doing with that $20B in liquid assets that they have? It doesn't sound like they necessarily know what to do with their excess cash. I realize a lot of that is invested, but it seems like they could reinvest that in the company and get better returns.

I wonder what strategy will eventually play out also. Are they just socking away money for a rainy day (aka The Great Depression of 2009) or are they planning on a spectacular buyout of Sprint or at&t...
  • Reply 22 of 27
    Man, I wish I could buy more AAPL atm.
  • Reply 23 of 27
    8corewhore8corewhore Posts: 833member
    Okay, you've got your billion - now can I have my email?
  • Reply 24 of 27
    bageljoeybageljoey Posts: 2,004member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnqh View Post

I would love AAPL to drop to $150, so I can put all my idle cash into it.

You got your wish. It is now at 149$ in after hours trading. Thanks alot!
  • Reply 25 of 27
    g3prog3pro Posts: 669member
    Ouch.
  • Reply 26 of 27
    aheneenaheneen Posts: 75member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

I wonder what strategy will eventually play out also. Are they just socking away money for a rainy day (aka The Great Depression of 2009) or are they planning on a spectacular buyout of Sprint or at&t...

Buying a telecom company just doesn't seem right for Apple...maybe they're just saving up to buy a modest-sized tech company. I'm sure there's numerous quality tech companies they could buy. Or maybe Al Gore has finally convinced Apple to run all its plants and stores with renewable energy. Solar panels aren't cheap!!

I just wish Apple would lower their prices a bit. I have no idea what a reasonable profit should be, but 35% seems high! If they'd lower their profit margin, they would sell many more machines. Knock $200 of the cost of the MacBook & iMac or add a $999 midsize tower and I'm sure they couldn't keep them in stock!! The I'm a Mac ads show Apple really wants new customers. Why don't they just cut their profit a bit and watch sales skyrocket?
  • Reply 27 of 27
    SpamSandwichSpamSandwich Posts: 33,407member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AHeneen View Post

Buying a telecom company just doesn't seem right for Apple...maybe they're just saving up to buy a modest-sized tech company. I'm sure there's numerous quality tech companies they could buy. Or maybe Al Gore has finally convinced Apple to run all its plants and stores with renewable energy. Solar panels aren't cheap!!

I just wish Apple would lower their prices a bit. I have no idea what a reasonable profit should be, but 35% seems high! If they'd lower their profit margin, they would sell many more machines. Knock $200 of the cost of the MacBook & iMac or add a $999 midsize tower and I'm sure they couldn't keep them in stock!! The I'm a Mac ads show Apple really wants new customers. Why don't they just cut their profit a bit and watch sales skyrocket?

Apple does not want to get into a game of playing "who's cheaper" especially when their products are so highly desired by consumers. Apple sells image, not crap in a box.