AT&T may hold on to exclusive iPhone deal until 2010

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 30
    teckstudteckstud Posts: 6,476member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justflybob View Post

I get that, Soli.

It just seems to be ridiculous rehashing on what has been known for some time.

It's as if AI is just throwing stuff up for us to rehash rather than providing real news.

The staff running AI is iPhone obsessed. Look- 6 threads posted Friday- 5 of them about the iPhone! Never did get a thread on the new features of Apple TV 2.1- just iPhone , iPhone and more iPhone. Why don't they just change the frk'n name to iPhone Insider? I would like to see how many articles % the past year of the iPhone to the total . The white iPhone farts a crack- it gets a thread!

Apple is more than just iPhone - get it togethuh!
  • Reply 22 of 30
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ;1287989

The staff running AI is iPhone obsessed. Look- 6 threads posted Friday- 5 of them about the iPhone! Never did get a thread on the new features of Apple TV 2.1- just iPhone , iPhone and more iPhone. Why don't they just change the frk'n name to iPhone Insider? I would like to see how many articles % the past year of the iPhone to the total . The white iPhone farts a crack- it gets a thread!

Hell there is so much news on the iPhone, that APPLE and AI are NOT having to deal with the LACK of real news i.e., a series of new monitors, a new line-up of MBP, Descktop units, iTV, MacMini or any of the other issues MANY of us want to know about

Hell, I'd settle for some interesting news on the iPods at this point in the game ?

Oh yeah, there was a bit of news about something new coming, or is that something old up-dated, or something new up-dated or something old made new again or ?

Skip
  • Reply 23 of 30
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

No iPhone for me for another 2 years.

Ditto on that for me to brother. I get calls from AT&T almost everyday for me to sign up to their slow DSL Internet. I keep telling them to sing me up for what I have now and when they ask, I laugh when I tell them a dedicated 10MBit line. They try to talk about price then...

So sad that AT&T is loosing so many customers on the hard line side that they will do anything to stay alive and get into the cell phone market. Lets hope they can do a better job than they have in the past. People want change and change for less, not for $100 dollars a month....

Enough endless chatter, move along, nothing to see here...
  • Reply 24 of 30
    melgrossmelgross Posts: 33,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

Because they post articles on what most people want to read about. That happens to be articles about the iPhone, the app store, etc. You don't want that much coverage, but most do. You jst have to put up with it until the fervor dies down.

If they miss stories, they are accused of being asleep at the wheel.

Look at Macworld, while their reporting is generally wider based, many of their articles are about the iPhone now as well. They even have several software reviews and overviews each day.

When time comes for a computer refresh, they will have five articles about that up at one time, and you will be complaining about that. These things go in cycles.

Look at what is being reported in the general news sites. You will also see the same thing. Whatever is news at the time is heavily reported. There just isn't much news about much else about Apple right now.

When they do articles about printers, or cameras, or other tech areas that computer users are interested in, they get criticized for that. As though the only thing they are allowed to report on are stories that are directly related to Apple itself.

You can't have it both ways.
  • Reply 25 of 30
    seresere Posts: 1member
    I have to say after dealing with AT&T on the initial iPhone rollout and now THIS one, the prospect of dealing with AT&T till 2010 is almost enough to make me give up the iPhone.

My hubby went in the 15th to put in a Direct Fulfillment order, first mistake. He then accidentally left his card in an ATM, so we had to cancel that card. I called AT&T to give another card, and one phone call after another, they could do NOTHING to resolve the issue. Their system wasn't CAPABLE of changing a payment method!!!!!! Imagine our delight to get an EMAIL saying they CANCELLED our order. Um, are they a VOICE company or an email company? No phonecall, no something is wrong with this order, which is terrible in of itself, what's worse we tried to TELL them there is an issue PLEASE FIX IT! Hubby was on the phone for 4 hours to try and get them to resolve this, their solution, get to the back of the line. I am accustomed to a certain level of service having been an apple user since the Mac Plus, but i have to say AT&T has to be the most inept, arrogant and "we DON'T want your business" company I think I have EVER found.Please ANYONE with Apple, you do NOT want your name associated with a shotty company like THIS!
  • Reply 26 of 30
    hosshoss Posts: 69member
    You just know that the 2010 rollout is gonna rock!!!!

4G

3.0 software (snow leopard)

16 core power plant

AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, SiriusXM
  • Reply 27 of 30
    macaloymacaloy Posts: 104member
    It is good to see companies start the big transition into the fast internet world of cell phones so they seem to be seeing that people WANT solid 3G towers and I hope the companies work towards upgrades of those in the future
  • Reply 28 of 30
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:

Could not agree with you MORE!!
  • Reply 29 of 30
    tyler82tyler82 Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hoss View Post

You just know that the 2010 rollout is gonna rock!!!!

4G

3.0 software (snow leopard)

16 core power plant

AT&T, Verizon, T-Mobile, SiriusXM

You forgot one 2010 cell phone provider: APPLE!
  • Reply 30 of 30
    Quote:

Ditto. Although that 4G comment at the end was interesting. Speaking of which - what happens when cell phone carriers start using the 'tv' frequencies??