Inside MobileMe: Secrets of the Cloud and Mobile Push

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Now that I've read about how MobileMe is Brilliantly Designed and run by a crack team of professionals, now I know what happened to Bagdad Bob. I guess I was mistaken when I thought that MobileMe was a poorly executed replacement for a seemingly pointless service in the first place. I clearly made a mistake renewing this dog hoping it would be better after the transition.

Whatever happened to "it just works"?
  • Reply 22 of 25
    jowie74jowie74 Posts: 540member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

That's normal with any email client. It's the syncing which people are having issues with.

I'm not having problems with Mail sync, at least not yet anyway.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jowie74 View Post

I'm not having problems with Mail sync, at least not yet anyway.

Yeah, not everyone, just lots of folks.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AppleInsider View Post

AppleIDiskServer is what Apple used and continues to use to serve up iDisk shares via WebDAV at idisk.mac.com. It also serves up web.mac.com and homepage.mac.com, highlighting the fact that WebDAV is really just a bidirectional webserver that can both serve up data and allow updates. HomePage was (and is) a WebObjects application, no doubt running on Mac OS X Server (aka the "unknown" OS).

[...]

It appears Apple also uses its own custom software for its MobileMe sync services. The company considers the exact nature of its MobileMe servers to be a proprietary secret, and would not reveal any details on what it actually uses on the backend, even to developers under non-disclosure agreements at WWDC.

Is it just me - or am i too thick to Idisk/synch my iTunes library to MM ? I dont want backup but just a mere copy of each file

It usually stalls after 4GB out of 10.

I bought the service to synch my iTunes (purchased) library into the cloud so that if ever my backup strategy fails I wont have to explain to Apple why I need to reload several thousands of files...
  • Reply 25 of 25
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by freelander51 View Post

Is it just me - or am i too thick to Idisk/synch my iTunes library to MM ? I dont want backup but just a mere copy of each file.

Do it in sections.