A 'healthy' Steve Jobs expected to take the stage tomorrow

124»

Comments

• Reply 61 of 69
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by walshbj View Post

The stock market is like politics. People put crap out there and hope it sticks. Facts are secondary at best.

so true. and the rest of the world revolves around US stock prices and is languishing because of it.

how fickle is that!
  • Reply 62 of 69
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

Transcendance. Once a person's being becomes so different from the rest of humanity, they tend not to stay alive in our plane of reality. Some days I fear Steve is at this point, though hopefully he won't be too brilliant to have to leave us.

Great first sentence but I hope you're not attempting to compare Jobs with someone like Ghandi.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by macFanDave View Post

Ding, ding, ding! Bonus points for Trevor! This is the first time I've seen the word "looser" used correctly on the Internet. Usually, this spelling is used to refer to the opposite of a winner.

That would be louzer.
  • Reply 63 of 69
    successsuccess Posts: 1,040member
    oopsy daisy
  • Reply 64 of 69
    If anything Jobs looked like he had lost more weight in today's keynote.
  • Reply 65 of 69
    Steve Jobs looked exactly the same.
  • Reply 66 of 69
    as skeletor
  • Reply 67 of 69
    ipeonipeon Posts: 1,122member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by nvidia2008 View Post

It can be insensitive, I agree. But at the same time, humour is one of our only ways of making sense of our seemingly random life and death of our existence... Humour, and/or Faith+Enlightenment... or All of the above.

I agree with that 100%. Laughing with is indeed a great stress relief. However, laughing at is to ridicule. Big difference.
  • Reply 68 of 69
    Steve is healthy. See below.

• Reply 69 of 69
    Although I hate making fun at other people's misery, I do agree that some sarcasm/irony helps make things less dramatic in an already way to dramatic world....and as we have seen SJ made some fun about his supposed "almost dead" status!