Apple refreshes iPod shuffle colors, intros 120GB iPod classic

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by philb View Post

What's the difference between the new Classics and the old, apart from capacity/price? I see mention that the new one has the Genius features which presumably won't be retrofitted to the older models. Otherwise I'm still looking at the 160Gb as it's only currently 20 quid more on Amazon.co.uk

What tonton said about the headphones is true and that won't change since it's a HW feature. Right now the only additional HW features you'd get with the new iPods is the ability adjust the volume, change songs and record your voice from the headphones. But remembe these headphones cost an additional $40 to $80 over the price of the 120GB iPod.

It's possible that older iPods will get the genius feature added since it's software only and may get you to buy more music on iTS.

The physical difference between the 80GB and 160GB models is the thickness. The larger model used a double platter hDD. The new 120GB is a single platter so it's the same thickness as the 80GB model.
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

It's possible that older iPods will get the genius feature added since it's software only and may get you to buy more music on iTS.

The physical difference between the 80GB and 160GB models is the thickness. The larger model used a double platter hDD. The new 120GB is a single platter so it's the same thickness as the 80GB model.

Thanks. I'm on a 4Gb Mini at the moment, so I'm not too worried about thickness or recording. I'd just like to be able to carry all my music and photos for the foreseeable future. My iTunes library, including lots of Podcast Drama, is 80Gb at the moment, so I'd like to future-proof as much as possible. The Genius feature would be nice though. I don't have the spare cash for either at the moment (car insurance just went through) so I'll wait and see what happens there.