Apple recalls iPhone 3G power adapters over shock risk

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by teckstud View Post

How do you return the old- if the prongs are in the wall?

not to worry - only the prong will survive!
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

But the recalled plug is the zappier.

didn't you just post yesterday about not liking to make puns?? nice!
  • Reply 23 of 25
    Quote:

You have to return the prongs as well as the body or they won't give you the replacement one.

Be sure to lick your fingers before pulling the prongs out of the wall so the electricity doesn't stick to you.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    auxioauxio Posts: 2,728member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JeffDM View Post

Besides, with this adapter, it doesn't work that way, the USB cord is separate. The adapter is just a block that plugs into the socket, and the user plugs in the USB to dock connector cable.

The problem is that the block doesn't have any sort of surface feature or grip to hang onto while you pull it from the outlet. Making it very difficult to pull from some electrical outlets using the block alone.

It's not quite as bad as the ultra-smooth connectors on the iPhone component video cable (which are virtually impossible to disconnect without pulling on the cord), but it's still a poor design. Sometimes Apple errs too far on the side of style over functionality for my tastes.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    jeffdmjeffdm Posts: 12,951member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by auxio View Post

The problem is that the block doesn't have any sort of surface feature or grip to hang onto while you pull it from the outlet. Making it very difficult to pull from some electrical outlets using the block alone.

It's not quite as bad as the ultra-smooth connectors on the iPhone component video cable (which are virtually impossible to disconnect without pulling on the cord), but it's still a poor design. Sometimes Apple errs too far on the side of style over functionality for my tastes.

Odd. I haven't had a problem with it, but I suppose you're right.

Also, for what it's worth, my kitchen timer, er, iPhone got an SMS from Apple about the recall.