New MBP at Photokina Tues.

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by s!ke View Post

YES!!!! All of those! Please!

The thing that I noticed about apple, (working at Best Buy) is that they are so price locked its not even funny. Unless you get something refurbished or open box you will almost always pay full price, no matter how old the item is. Apple hasnt updated their Notebooks in what? 3 years? Thats the thing, the technology is always changing and people dont want to have to constantly upgrade, but manufacturers like HP and Dell and constantly putting out NEW models for the people that are first time buyers.

EVERY YEAR Apple has their college program, EVERY YEAR new people go to college. EVERY YEAR students have to make the decision of whether to buy a $1500 MacBook with 2 gb ram, 13 inch screen, with 3 year old technology, blah blah blah, OR they can buy the BRAND NEW DELL that just came out for $1000 with HDMI, 4-5 USB ports, 15 inch screen, etc. OR The 13" Tablet touch screen HP that was just sold for $899 with 350mb dedicated vram. Its fucking nice.

I am typing this on a MacBook Pro, so I don't really reccomend a Dell, but seriously. I think Apple is riding on its name, they are DEFINITELY not the most technologically advanced products on the market right now, but still, they are appealing and people will buy them.

But yes, I want HDMI, SLI technology, Firewire 3200 or eSata, Blu Ray, and better resolution on the monitors. Apple has always had about a 20% better resolution on all of its monitors than all other consumer models, but why not up that!?

Exactly bro, you understand! Thank you.

I know you are exaggerating on the "three years" number but I concur.

Apple seems to view the GPU and VRAM as virgin "latent processing power" waiting to be constantly raped by the OS. So now, you basically need a second GPU that is just for the applications (like Second Life or games or whatever) that need DEDICATED graphics performance. Windows seems to nicely "get out of the way" for whatever interactive 3D virtual reality application wants to dominate the hardware. OS X just says "screw you, and your FPS too." I want OS X to have BETTER FPS than Windows, damnit!

-=DG=-
  • Reply 22 of 22
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darkgoob View Post

Exactly bro, you understand! Thank you.

I know you are exaggerating on the "three years" number but I concur.

Apple seems to view the GPU and VRAM as virgin "latent processing power" waiting to be constantly raped by the OS. So now, you basically need a second GPU that is just for the applications (like Second Life or games or whatever) that need DEDICATED graphics performance. Windows seems to nicely "get out of the way" for whatever interactive 3D virtual reality application wants to dominate the hardware. OS X just says "screw you, and your FPS too." I want OS X to have BETTER FPS than Windows, damnit!

-=DG=-

i also agree im in the college kid waiting for a macbook pro thing myself. when i wrote that comment i figured you where exaggerating but i was in the mood to be an ass that night. sry if i hurt any feelings.