WTF happened to GOOG today?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
Google stock got hit big time today. The only major tech stock to take such a hit that I track.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post


    Google stock got hit big time today. The only major tech stock to take such a hit that I track.



    I think with the world economy in the state that it's in, especially the US economy, a lot of stocks are falling in value as investors are uncertain about if and how the US is going to pull through or whether decline into recession is still to come. From what I have heard, a lot of US stocks have fallen, even Apple's stocks were re-predicted at a lower price from previous estimations
  • Reply 2 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,074member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post


    Google stock got hit big time today. The only major tech stock to take such a hit that I track.



    It was a computer malfunction in the NASDAQ. Any trades below $400 or above $425 in the last few minutes have already been voided.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,590member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by keantan View Post


    I think with the world economy in the state that it's in, especially the US economy, a lot of stocks are falling in value as investors are uncertain about if and how the US is going to pull through or whether decline into recession is still to come. From what I have heard, a lot of US stocks have fallen, even Apple's stocks were re-predicted at a lower price from previous estimations



    AAPL was up

    Amazon, Intel, IBM, AMD all up.



    Google, hit with a missile. I hope it was just a "glitch" because it shocked me to death. I don't own GOOG but it was still hard to look at.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    e1618978e1618978 Posts: 6,074member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by aplnub View Post


    AAPL was up

    Amazon, Intel, IBM, AMD all up.



    Google, hit with a missile. I hope it was just a "glitch" because it shocked me to death. I don't own GOOG but it was still hard to look at.



    http://www.mercurynews.com/google/ci_10601746
Sign In or Register to comment.