Apple's US retail notebook share up to 20 percent?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SpamSandwich View Post

Hellllllloooooooo! McFly! In case you haven't noticed, we're in the middle of one of the greatest market crashes in modern times.

Yeah no kidding. I bought AAPL at $69.60. It still hurts.
  • Reply 22 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Because as long as Apple is in business, there will be folks who knock them, say bad things about them, lie and cheat to make them look bad. This causes all those damn day traders to buy and sell based on what they see and read, instead of doing any research and seeing for themselves how good Apple stock is.

Apple has always been a scape goat from most marketers and analyst and because of this the stock is always up and down.

Hell Apple can come out with an OUTSTANDING quarter and the stock will still go down. That's mostly because those same folks will say "Apple is having a great quarter and should show great numbers next week ? blah, blah blah, and the next week they say, oops, looks like they won't meet projections ? and it goes down.

They don't meet their projections, yet they increase the business, hell in most cases, it's the best quarter ever (compared to the same quarter in years past), but the stock goes down?

Apple stock is one stock many folks are making money with. Many of these folks want it to go down, so they can get more at a cheap price, and then they'll start playing the word and guessing game, in hopes to make the stock shoot up.

It's a game some of us stock holders do not like, but we learn to live with. If you own apple stock, keep it, it WILL go up. Apple has way to many things coming out, and they ARE doing to good for the stock not to go up.

Skip

Please tell me you are not someone actually working in the investment field. This is one of the most absurd posts I think I've ever read.
  • Reply 23 of 28
    tbagginstbaggins Posts: 2,306member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BlackSummerNight View Post

So every 4 notebooks out of 5 are PCs.

For how much longer?

It's getting to the point that HP, Dell, and Microsoft are getting worried.

But I think we kinda knew that already when we saw MS's "I'm a PC" campaign.

• Reply 24 of 28
    The photo is from the Missouri School of Journalism.

http://mac.blorge.com/2007/10/02/uni...e-exclusively/
  • Reply 25 of 28
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

So every 4 notebooks out of 5 are PCs.

5 out of 5 were PCs. But 1 out of 5 were specifically sold from Apple. That leaves 4 out of 5 to be sold by every other PC vendor. That is a lot. It makes no sense to have an OS-centric view on this topic.
  • Reply 26 of 28
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

5 out of 5 were PCs. But 1 out of 5 were specifically sold from Apple. That leaves 4 out of 5 to be sold by every other PC vendor. That is lot. It makes no sense to look at have an OS-centric view on this topic.

Excellent point! Macs are "personal computers". But, just to make a point about the different OS's, there is a place in this topic for OS mention, because the MB and MBP are capable of running OSX and Windows, whereas all other notebook makers cannot run OSX. That certainly plays into the decision to buy an Apple notebook for many people.

(Mac user since 1991)
  • Reply 27 of 28
    So are you saying the the "I'm a Mac" ad campaign is a complete waste of time, Since a Mac is a PC which is sold from Apple?

Quote:
    Originally Posted by solipsism View Post

5 out of 5 were PCs. But 1 out of 5 were specifically sold from Apple. That leaves 4 out of 5 to be sold by every other PC vendor. That is a lot. It makes no sense to have an OS-centric view on this topic.

Quit being such a dipshit.
  • Reply 28 of 28
    solipsismsolipsism Posts: 25,726member
    Quote:

So are you saying the the "I'm a Mac" ad campaign is a complete waste of time, Since a Mac is a PC which is sold from Apple?

What part of 'personal' and 'computer' don't you understand? Are you suggesting that Macs are 'impersonal computers' or that they aren't computers at all? Do the NPD lumping of Apple PC sales with Dell and HP and Acer and Sony confuse you?

Mac is Apple's brand name for their PC, just like Vaio is Sony's. The "I'm a Mac" ads are a successful marketing campaign. I had assumed it was obvious, but apparently you need to learn how to separate marketing tactics from statistical accounting.

PS: Even from Apple's own site they refer to their Macs are PCs, as well as their own "I'm a Mac" ads where the Macs even states he is a PC, too.
    PPS: I'll never understand how the concepts of good marketing can be so lost on some, but I guess its those that don't get it are the ones who fall victim to it. I suppose someone has to be buying HeadOn and Flowbees.