Margin impact of Apple product transitions overestimated

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 23
    As Steve J. has pointed out, he doesn't run his company by watching the stock market. He runs it as a business to maximize profit and keep it as a sound company.

If he ran it to only to keep the investors happy, that would be a short term outlook and we know Steve is famous for his long-term (5 to 10 or more years) outlook for Apple.

I say: Apple. Stay the course. Keep doing what you're doing. It is working. If secrecy has worked for you, keep it up. (Even though, as some articles have pointed out, Apple has ramped back on pursuing leaks of upcoming products). Although I'm sure that Steve doesn't totally ignore the stock market, I say keep up what you're doing Steve and ignore the pundits.

Greg
  • Reply 22 of 23
    I agree that Apple is a beautifully run and managed company in regards to the product, image, and (some may argue) culture they provide. Apple/Mac has fans the world over with myself being one of them. They are a far better company than most if not all financial companies save perhaps the GoldenSack people. All together too many companies cave to the pressures of wallstreet and investors alike. IMO, Apple has not and will never resort to such. I truly believe this is their blessing and curse! The value of a company's stock being slashed in HALF within the last TWO months is more than a speed bump in the road or blip on the radar! Changing times and conditions call for changing of ways. If Apple continues to rest on their laurels, perhaps this strategy will work out in the end. History says otherwise (coughM$cough and numerous others). When I wrote my first post earlier today, AAPL was actually even for the day, but managed to finish the day down almost 9%. Certainly the price of the stock will fluctuate with the market, but I think anyone long in AAPL has more pain to come. Keep in mind before/if you hate, this is all just my 2cents and should be taken as such.
  • Reply 23 of 23
    aplnubaplnub Posts: 2,605member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bregalad View Post

If the investment banks were run even half as efficiently as Apple there wouldn't be an economic crisis right now.

Replace the words "investment banks" and put in government and you have solved the problem of our country. Current politicians do NOT know how to run a successful government without scheming!