Last minute estimates have Apple selling 2.8m Macs in Sept. Q

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    mj webmj web Posts: 918member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cameronj View Post

Anyone who was bullish was wrong in the past 6 months, there's no denying that. The more bullish you were, the more wrong you were, and he was the most bullish.

Based on Munster's $250 call in September in 08 AAPL has still has over 10 months left to meet his 52 week price expectation.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MJ Web View Post

Based on Munster's $250 call in September in 08 AAPL has still has over 10 months left to meet his 52 week price expectation.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but Gene had a $250 guidance months ago - I'd guess he has about 6-8 month left on that to come true
  • Reply 23 of 25
    It is clear from anyone living in San Francisco that the proper estimate for the quarter is 3.1 to 3.2 million mac computers for the quarter. This has nothing to do with Munster - Wall Street analysts typically play a game to underestimate the numbers.

But a clear view from this perspective yields the estimate of 3.1 to 3.2 million units for the quarter. This has no particular bearing on the stock price (which has fallen quite a bit), but Apple marches onward despite the economic troubles, especially in the current quarter before consumers lost their confidence.

From what I can see, even those who are living paycheck-to-paycheck are saving their pennies for Mac computers - I have several friends in this category; I speak from experience, not ideology.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    jon tjon t Posts: 131member
    Very little has changed for Apple, and I would argue that Apple may even see a bit of upside from the recession.. People will spend less eating out, going out, driving and other things. Using the internet and TV at home in between growing vegetables will be the order of the day.

And if that is important people may well splurge and feel good on something that will do the job more enjoyably...

The APPL price has been clobbered far too hard. In recent years the view was it was a buy when the P/E was down to 30 and a sell if it got close to 40.

Well, today it is 19. And that doesn't even take into account a few hundreds of millions of deferred iPhone and AppleTV revenues...

250 is certainly achievable by the end of 2009.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by monstrosity View Post

"for dear life" you make it sound like Apple are not rocking the discotheque right now.

Most "typical Apple fans" bought shares as long term investments as they share the same vision and they know Apples potential is huge and has barely scratched the surface.

If you want long-term stocks do not look at the technology market, it fluctuates like mad, it always has.