Removing OS9 from my system

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Donny:

<strong>Either in your main library or OS X's system library, you will find a preference panes folder for the system preferences. I believe that you can remove the classic preference pane, and it will not longer be in your preferences window. Just a suggestion...

Also, I think you could have de-selected the classic folder under classic and been able to delete it from the finder as per normal. Oh well, you deleted it already now, and so it is a little late to try that suggestion this time.

I did not install OS 9 at all when I made a clean install of Jaguar this time. I have no need for it now.

Yay! Jaguar!</strong><hr></blockquote>

Cool that's why I did and it worked.... I had to go in to the terminal to remove that also I am getting pretty good with the Terminal any one know of any good sites to get and learn commands?
  • Reply 22 of 24
    kaboomkaboom Posts: 286member
    If you really aren't sure about keeping os9 on your machine, then take your OS9 System folder (and anything else you may want) and put it on a disk image. Then whenever you need to use classic, just open the image, select it in the Classic pane and start it up.

Nice.
  • Reply 23 of 24
    eugeneeugene Posts: 8,254member
    heh, with Jaguar you don't have to delete thins from the Terminal like that. Just "get info" on the parent folders you want to delete and change the ownership!
  • Reply 24 of 24
    [quote]Originally posted by Eugene:

<strong>heh, with Jaguar you don't have to delete thins from the Terminal like that. Just "get info" on the parent folders you want to delete and change the ownership!</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's what I tired first Eugene but it wouldn't work. But it isn't hard to go in the Terminal either. Put if I did try changing all the ownership and permissions on them and I had no luck so I just did it in seconds though the terminal.