43rd California Apple Store opens this weekend

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Apple will open its 43rd retail store in its home state of California on Friday at Vintage Faire Mall in Modesto.

Dubbed the Apple Store Vintage Faire, the shop will open to the public on November 14, 2008 at 6:00 p.m. PST.

Customers seeking additional information can contact the store at 209.342.1500.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    I think Apple need to cool off with the store openings. This is what happened to smaller PC companies before they collapsed and went bankrupt. It's fine when you're new to this market but in a few years when the products get stale or people realize that the prices are pretty high, people stop visiting the stores and they start making losses.

The ipod/iphone/accessory line helps but there will come a point when people don't need to buy ipods any more.

I reckon the way they can be the most successful is to push their products into spaces next to PCs so that people see the difference or can at least see them as an alternative. This way they can have some floor space at a fraction of the cost of a dedicated store as well as have more impact on what buyers go for.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    I don't know about cooling off, but there are some areas like SoCal or NYC that are over saturated. How about trying to expand to new Metros instead.