Apple improving Mobile Me synching in Mac OS X 10.5.6

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    It's vital and sad that today's world is a portable world once reserved for housewives and old maids--life on the phone.

The once cornerstone to a housewife's daily existence to chat with their friends over the phone has turned into a global epidemic of self-importance about every pissant little daily thought that must be sent to your friends.

What a boring existence to revolve your life around talk, Talk, taLK, TaLk, and more talk.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    razorpitrazorpit Posts: 1,796member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

It's vital and sad that today's world is a portable world once reserved for housewives and old maids--life on the phone.

The once cornerstone to a housewife's daily existence to chat with their friends over the phone has turned into a global epidemic of self-importance about every pissant little daily thought that must be sent to your friends.

What a boring existence to revolve your life around talk, Talk, taLK, TaLk, and more talk.

Or, in your case, post, post, post...
  • Reply 23 of 25
    junkiejunkie Posts: 122member
    I use MobileMe between iPhone and Powerbook - works fine for me. I am getting an amazing utility from it.
  • Reply 24 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JohnnyKrz View Post

Sorry to sound like a snit, but I consider myself very lucky that most things really do 'just work' for me. Even during the height of the MobileMe disaster, I found it to be a very reliable service. I have two computers and an iPhone, plus my wife's computer and iPhone that all sync very well and near instantaneously. I've checked out all the other services that people say are supposedly better, and I guarantee you that when MobileMe works (and always has for us), those services are NOT better.

Johnny,

I have to concur with you. I have had no problems with mobile me and even when it was .mac I had not occurred any problems. Funny thing is that when my iPod touch is on in the house, and my desktop systems are running wit hteh mail app running, the iPod gets mail notification first and then the desktops report it about 30 seconds later. Not a big deal to me but I have noticed it funny that mail is pushed to it faster than the desktop systems which are connected via Ethernet cable and the iPod is doing WiFi...
  • Reply 25 of 25
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Actually I hope this update comes real soon now and that 2.2 for iPhone comes with it. The problem of course is reliability in syncing for the two combined. The system simply doesn't work well if you have anything other than perfect connections at all times. Just the simple act of editing or adding a contact when you are out of range of any network with your iPhone can generate issues. IDisk also seems to be screwed and that is putting it politely.

However don't let my clamouring for an update lead you to believe that I'm totally un happy with Mobile me. I do expect better from Apple and frankly expect them to slowly clear up the mess while keeping the current service viable. It is the mixture of being very pleased with what does work well and disgusted with what doesn't work well that is frustrating.

It is what seems to be the simple things like IDisk that one has the most frustration with as why would saving a file to a server be an issue these days? I will be perfectly honest here one of the reasons I went with Mobile Me was iDisk. It is a feature you would think that Apple could offer easily with modern performance yet that is far from what one actually gets. When it comes time to renew iDisk will be part of the decision process. The problem with that is that the other features of Mobile Me and its iPhone integration are becoming more and more a part of my life. As like wise with a lot of other people I suspect, so I hope Apple has plenty of internal incentive to forge real, modern performance in iDisk. Otherwise I will just scratch my head wondering why iDisk sucks so bad.

Hopefully networking will get lots of attention too. I was fairly happy with it until the last update, which fixed some things but reduced overall reliability.

In other words I'm a user looking forward to this release. There is enough that needs fixing to justify it. However I'm really hoping for no regressions.

Dave