iWork 09?

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 25
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BenRoethig View Post

Apple could do an iWork/Bento combo for say $99. A little off topic, but I think its time to bring filemaker back in house.

Filemaker will be debuting its new version at MWSF.

As long as it has a modern architecture that allows Mac users to work with AB and iCal, I think it'll be okay.

Adopting Cocoa outright would be problematic for Filemaker, since it has a Windows version.
  • Reply 22 of 25
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

iWork now has serious competition, now that OpenOffice 3 has drawn IBM and Sun into the Mac office suite market.

I expect that the suite will get a newfangled drawing app, along with a bundle that includes Bento.

Hopefully Numbers will get an easy way to add/delete multiple rows, which is a serious and silly omission.

OpenOffice is just MS Office for free, still garbage.
  • Reply 23 of 25
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Frank777 View Post

Filemaker will be debuting its new version at MWSF.

As long as it has a modern architecture that allows Mac users to work with AB and iCal, I think it'll be okay.

Adopting Cocoa outright would be problematic for Filemaker, since it has a Windows version.

I'll be interested in seeing what kind of changes Filemaker 10 brings.

I really wish Bento would have just become an iWork component. They should have just included Bento and made the price $99. To me it would have been worth it and I wouldn't have to worry about two separate licenses.

Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll see a Vector based drawing program hit with some web enabled features.

iWork Extreme:

Keynote

Pages

Numbers

Bento

Easel (Drawing/Painting)

= Apple domination
  • Reply 24 of 25
    taurontauron Posts: 911member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

I'll be interested in seeing what kind of changes Filemaker 10 brings.

I really wish Bento would have just become an iWork component. They should have just included Bento and made the price $99. To me it would have been worth it and I wouldn't have to worry about two separate licenses.

Maybe I'll get lucky and we'll see a Vector based drawing program hit with some web enabled features.

iWork Extreme:

Keynote

Pages

Numbers

Bento

Easel (Drawing/Painting)

= Apple domination

I will have to try Easel.

Pages is ridiculously fast. It is like Word running on a Cray III.
  • Reply 25 of 25
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by hmurchison View Post

iWork Extreme:

Keynote

Pages

Numbers

Bento

Easel (Drawing/Painting)

= Apple domination

I agree 100%