Google Mobile iPhone app with voice search now available

2»

Comments

• Reply 21 of 31
    Recent searches: Unicorns.

Nothing suspicious about that. Not in the slightest.
  • Reply 22 of 31
    eaieai Posts: 417member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by S27 View Post

Total Information Awareness never had anything on google. Now they even know and will store your signature voice patterns. This is an attempt to sneak in voice biometrics.

More to the point, it must be sending a list of contact names to Google's server for it to be able to do a search of them...

Hardly works for me here, in the UK... Maybe 1 in 10 work, the more complex ones seem better. It'd be nice if you could train it, or it at least would work with a variety of accents...
  • Reply 23 of 31
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    I appears that the location search has some odd behavior. For example if I ask for Taco Bell is finds the ones close to me but if I hit the map link and route one of them it some how erases the location preference when I return to Google mobile app, In the search history you can choose Taco Bell from the list but this time it just does a plain search without the location preference.
  • Reply 24 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by BigSkyJeff View Post

It seems when I'm real drunk it has a harder time figuring out what I'm saying. Please Google... fix this!

haha well said otherwise what is the use of the devise..?? Please google hear our drunken call...
  • Reply 25 of 31
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBookBoy View Post

Sadly the voice recognition is awful.

Downloaded today and tested 30 different searches; it was bang on each time, even the first one.

For a free app, I am impressed. I've used voice to text for years (am typing this while lounging back with my hands behind my head) and am impressed. Sure, there is a slight delay, but it is cool.

The iPhone is really turning out to be an amazing platform after the start of the App Store. The possibilities are almost limitless as to what the developers will create.
  • Reply 26 of 31
    I can't find the App in the store. What's the exact name?
  • Reply 27 of 31
  • Reply 28 of 31
    Links don't work on my iPhone, but I found it. tks.
  • Reply 29 of 31
    steste Posts: 119member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mstone View Post

I appears that the location search has some odd behavior. For example if I ask for Taco Bell is finds the ones close to me but if I hit the map link and route one of them it some how erases the location preference when I return to Google mobile app, In the search history you can choose Taco Bell from the list but this time it just does a plain search without the location preference.

Google is doing you a favour. Taco Bell blows.
  • Reply 30 of 31
    mstonemstone Posts: 11,510member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ste View Post

Google is doing you a favour. Taco Bell blows.

I don't eat there very often but they are a huge client ours so I would have to disagree.
  • Reply 31 of 31
    nofeernofeer Posts: 2,427member
    works ok,

BUT

it won't include my contacts and i checked the settings, only web search given

won't replace voice dialing too much fumbling with the phone